Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Is it safe/smart to buy a vanity online?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 7:41 am
I am in need of a 32 inch vanity. Lowes and Home Depot have some, but the selection and quality isn't great. I see a ton online, but am a little hesitant to go that route--it seems weird to buy a vanity I haven't seen and touched, and if it comes damaged, I imagine returns are a huge hassle and expense.

Does anybody have recent experience with buying this online?

I don't want to get anything custom made, so please don't recommend that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 7:42 am
amother OP wrote:
I am in need of a 32 inch vanity. Lowes and Home Depot have some, but the selection and quality isn't great. I see a ton online, but am a little hesitant to go that route--it seems weird to buy a vanity I haven't seen and touched, and if it comes damaged, I imagine returns are a huge hassle and expense.

Does anybody have recent experience with buying this online?

I don't want to get anything custom made, so please don't recommend that.

OP: Updating to say that I also will need to buy some filler/panels, due to the weird placement of the vanity in my bathoom, which isn't able to change. So I need to buy something that has those pieces available.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 7:43 am
Depends where you get it. I got large furniture items from wayfair and overstock. When it was damaged I just had to submit pictures, they refunded and told me to throw it out or donate. When I chose to return wayfair sent ups to pick it up from my house.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 8:13 am
Go to a kitchen/bath store and purchase your vanity there.

You will have a wide range of styles and sizes and can configure storage exactly how you want it.

Cost should be comparable to purchasing on line and you have the benefit of interacting with a store close to you.

Personally I wouldn't order furniture on line and I order LOTS of stuff on line. The problem is that if there is an issue, you have to deal with returning the product and even just packing up large bulky items is difficult. With a local store, if there is a problem when they deliver it will be picked up and replaced by the store using local delivery.

I did order a chest on line and there was an issue and it was a huge ordeal because they wanted me to pack it up - arrange for shipping back to them. This would have been impossible for me to do unless I incurred significant expenses to have someone pack it and take it to a shipping company AND they wanted me to pay for return shipping.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 8:16 am
I ordered a vanity on wayfair and I love it!

read reviews.

I also bought one from lowes. it is also fine. its not great quality but I didn't need anything great for the bathroom I was putting it in.

the one from wayfair is great quality.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 5:05 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
I ordered a vanity on wayfair and I love it!

read reviews.

I also bought one from lowes. it is also fine. its not great quality but I didn't need anything great for the bathroom I was putting it in.

the one from wayfair is great quality.

Looking on Wayfair for a 36 inch vanity. Is your holding up? What material should I look out for?

UQT

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 5:11 am
I’ve also ordered vanities on wayfair. One is two years old and doing great

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 5:32 am
I did renovation 2.5 years ago

Iordered from Home Depot it came damaged they wanted it shipping back-they paid shipping-it was a hassle, heavy super big

Wayfair I got a stunning solid piece.

Wayfair-came damaged-I sent pictures and they refunded the money

Lowes-nice quality piece
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics