Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How you think your brain works

How do you think you brain works?
Black and white thinker  
 12%  [ 13 ]
Flexible thinker  
 36%  [ 39 ]
Black and white and working on more flexibility  
 30%  [ 33 ]
In between  
 18%  [ 20 ]
Other: please elaborate in you comments  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 107

effess

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 12:19 am
I’m finding some conversations here very eye opening.
I’m curious what you think of your own thinking patterns.
Share your thoughts.
I’m sure I missed many options.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 12:22 am
I am a very flexible thinker. I have my views and opinions but I'm always open to listening to other viewpoints. If I'm ever wrong I will admit it easily.

According to the poll 100% voted flexible thinker. I doubt anyone who isn't would even know that about themselves.

ETA just realized there was only one vote. And it became 50/50.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 4:05 am
I do have strong opinions.

I, also, think that I can see beyond my opinion,and see another perspective, even it's opposing my own, I can see where the other person is coming from.

Sometimes when two people argue on here, I can explain the other perspective even if it's not my opinion, where I don't agree with it, but understand the other side of the coin and I will sometimes clarify it, so the one that's opposing it, understands it.

When I share my opinion, and then others defy it here, then I will back off, and not fight back most of the time, and won't yell how I got hurt, because I hate confrontation. I let it go.

Well in real life sometimes people think I'm opinionated or stuck with my own opinion, because those people get stubborn with theirs.

I can mostly see both sides, but won't necessarily always admit it.

I think I'm pretty flexible, when it comes to plan B. If something was planned, or I planned on something but it didn't work out, I will easily fall back on plan B, and not get stuck. I'm creative and resourceful like that, maybe because Plan A mostly doesn't work out as I'm not so organized. Maybe it's my way of coping. For ex if I wanted to make something more time consuming for supper, but then when the supper prep is actually happening and I see I don't have that much time left anymore, then I will make something else with these ING, or if I'm missing an ING I'll change it around substitute instead of going to borrow this ingredient. I will look at recipes for inspiration but won't follow exact measurements or if one ING my family doesn't like I can still make it and omit that.

That means I can be spontaneous. If someone calls me with something on moment I can easily do it, join, instead of saying I can't now because I didn't have advance planning.

Let's say if I recently made a Simcha, I gave in my exact specs to caterer. When I arrived to hall, and saw they didn't follow and messed up, I pointed out, and he was ready to change it, but I said it's fine, leave it.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 4:16 am
I think the reason you might not be getting responses is because it's anon disabled

effess

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:39 am
dankbar wrote:
I think the reason you might not be getting responses is because it's anon disabled

Is there a way for me to change that?

ETA: I went back to edit my post and I see this forum is Anon disabled.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:14 am
Tell mods to move it to another forum

effess

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:22 am
Does my thinking style help me decide if I should?😆

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:32 am
Of course it's more interesting to see if people are black and white thinkers or flexible, based on their screen name so we can all agree or disagree if that is true, and see their perception, of what they think about themselves. Still, I think you might have people coming here to say that they're flexible but the ones that are b & w thinkers, and rigid, might not come here under their screen name.

Another thing is the timing. You posted past midnight in US and now it's early morn still.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:32 am
Personally, I can't stand black and white thinking the world is much more grey.

If you tell me an appropriate form by the way, as a mod I will move this

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:33 am
How to alert mods, is to report your OP and then stating the reason to move it.

dankbar

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:37 am
singleagain wrote:
Personally, I can't stand black and white thinking the world is much more grey.

If you tell me an appropriate form by the way, as a mod I will move this

I also can't stand b & w thinking, and I have people around me who are like that, and it's hard when people get rigid and can't see past their opinion.

It is also difficult to know, about self, if we do same thing, if we get stuck on our own views.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:38 am
dankbar wrote:
I also can't stand b & w thinking, and I have people around me who are like that, and it's hard when people get rigid and can't see past their opinion.

It is also difficult to know, about self, if we do same thing, if we get stuck on our own views.

I think I am mostly flexible. There are a few topics though that I get passionate about and although I can understand the opposite side, I can't bring myself to ever try to argue that. So it might seem like I come across black and white on those specific topics.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 8:04 am
singleagain wrote:
I think I am mostly flexible. There are a few topics though that I get passionate about and although I can understand the opposite side, I can't bring myself to ever try to argue that. So it might seem like I come across black and white on those specific topics.

That's true. There are certain topics and issues where I will not budge. And if people say irrational things imo I will never be able to accept or see their viewpoint. But those are few and far between.

gande

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 8:33 am
I think I’m a flexible thinker my dh sometimes says I’m black and white but I think he is lol. So the definition varies from person to person

I am a critical thinker, opinionated (which can change according to the context) and very blunt, but I do see the whole picture.
I like learning different viewpoints.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics