Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What do you think of this
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 5:37 pm
amother Lime wrote:
My seminary principal used to take a girl out for ice cream alone in his car. Oh my I'll never forget that.

Do we now all know who he is? 😫

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:01 pm
amother OP wrote:

Kidding, my husband works in a school where this happened. And the rebbi who asked to take the kid out was shocked that the parents didn’t let. It was a big argument in the rebbes room

I’m sorry I was vague in my op. I wasn’t sure how to word it and my husband was trying to figure out whose opinion was correct or more popular

The rebbe is wrong for not immediately understanding and respecting that parents might not want that for their kid.

chestnut

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:30 pm
WhatFor wrote:
The rebbe is wrong for not immediately understanding and respecting that parents might not want that for their kid.

Huh? How's he not respecting their decision? Cause he asked other teachers about it?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Do we now all know who he is? 😫

probably

zaq

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 6:48 pm
Why do you express it as right or wrong? If the rebbe's intentions were pure, there's nothing "wrong" about it, but at the same time the parents have every right to veto. I do think it's a little odd, a little late in the day depending on the kid's age, a lot short notice, and probably interfering with dinner. I would probably have nixed the outing unless the rebbe was treating the whole class at the same time. Nowadays, it's "off" for a teacher to go on an outing with just one student, and it's surprising the rebbe doesn't realize that.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:11 pm
chestnut wrote:
Huh? How's he not respecting their decision? Cause he asked other teachers about it?

He may be overtly respecting it to their face, but he's obviously not internalizing that or respecting their decision within himself. To the point that he's arguing with other teachers about it.

Why is it so difficult for him to understand that parents might not want a teacher taking their son out for ice cream in the evening for any one of a million reasons? Why is it a "were they right or wrong" thing for him that this warrants discussion? Personally that's even more weird to me than the initial request.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:11 pm
zaq wrote:
Why do you express it as right or wrong? If the rebbe's intentions were pure, there's nothing "wrong" about it, but at the same time the parents have every right to veto. I do think it's a little odd, a little late in the day depending on the kid's age, a lot short notice, and probably interfering with dinner. I would probably have nixed the outing unless the rebbe was treating the whole class at the same time. Nowadays, it's "off" for a teacher to go on an outing with just one student, and it's surprising the rebbe doesn't realize that.

Exactly. All of this.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:05 am
Why does everything have to be right or wrong?
recently one of my kids was in hospital and another one of my boys was really acting out because of it. He called me from the menahels phone to ask if he could go shopping with the menahel in his car after school. I spoke to the menahel - it was simply a way to give him some time and space when he knew it was hard at home. I trust him, I let him go. Would I have allowed it if everything was normal, I don't know! but you have to know the whole picture. It's not right or wrong.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics