Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you buy from divorced couple
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:25 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
It's not crazy talk. My friend suffered through years of infertility & terrible losses. Till their Rav advised them to look in to the history of their home. The couple that lived there before also suffered from infertility, the couple the lived there before that couple got divorced & another family that lived there lost a child. My friend moved & now has a beautiful family bh.

OP, I wouldn't say an outright no. Maybe discuss it with your Rav.

My sister lived in a house and had no kids while she lived there. Neither did the person who lived before there nor the person after.

Guess what? There was a mold problem and apparently it affected fertility…. She conceived shortly after moving.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:25 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yes I would & did …. But there is a BUT .
We moved into the house w/ 3 kids & BH happily married .
Couple was divorced at the time of the sale
Ok no issue there
We went on to have years of infertility, even though we already had 3 kids .
Someone suggested that we check the original layout of the house, to make sure no windows or doors were sealed off ( look it up if you don’t know .. according to Rabbi Yehuda Hannasi ) & guess what there were openings that were shut & we had to drill holes .
Don’t rem how soon after , but I got pregnant & then went on to have 2 successful pregnancies after .
So really you never know .
You need original blue prints& to know that any work was done according to Halacha .

Wow!!

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:28 am
Some "bad omen" houses where people suffered something that can have an environmental cause (e.g. pneumonia) turned out to have an issue such as black mold that was physically causing it.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:28 am
amother Maroon wrote:
If its just one divorced couple, then yes, sure

There's an apt for rent in the area I live that has had 5(!!) newlywed couples move in and get divorced shortly afterward. I would not recommend this apt to anyone. One couple? Yes. Two? OK. Three? Weird. Five?! Keep away!!!!!

You in Boro park? Cuz a relative recently went to look at an apartment for a kallah. When they walked out a neighbor came over to them and told them that 5 couples that lived in this apartment in the last 2 years approximately got divorced. And no they did not move in.
If it was one couple I wouldn’t have an issue moving in.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:38 am
amother Orange wrote:
You in Boro park? Cuz a relative recently went to look at an apartment for a kallah. When they walked out a neighbor came over to them and told them that 5 couples that lived in this apartment in the last 2 years approximately got divorced. And no they did not move in.

Yes I think we are talking about the same place.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:44 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Some "bad omen" houses where people suffered something that can have an environmental cause (e.g. pneumonia) turned out to have an issue such as black mold that was physically causing it.

Seriously. Sometimes we have to think a bit more rationally.

I know a women who swore her home had issues because it was by a cemetery and she had constant headaches and illnesses. They consulted their rav who came to the house, determined the windows, etc. were not facing a problematic direction and the house was not too close, and then had her look into more practical things. It turned out to be a combination of a water problem and also a sensitivity to wifi that she had never had before. They made a few changes and BH she was fine. Look into both spiritual and practical issues. But it would have been so easy to blame the cemetery for all of her issues and move.

Don't forget the practical ones.

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, May 15 2024, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:56 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Yes I would & did …. But there is a BUT .
We moved into the house w/ 3 kids & BH happily married .
Couple was divorced at the time of the sale
Ok no issue there
We went on to have years of infertility, even though we already had 3 kids .
Someone suggested that we check the original layout of the house, to make sure no windows or doors were sealed off ( look it up if you don’t know .. according to Rabbi Yehuda Hannasi ) & guess what there were openings that were shut & we had to drill holes .
Don’t rem how soon after , but I got pregnant & then went on to have 2 successful pregnancies after .
So really you never know .
You need original blue prints& to know that any work was done according to Halacha .

Okay but none of that has anything to do with the couple being divorced.

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:57 am
amother Maroon wrote:
If its just one divorced couple, then yes, sure!
But if the house has a history of tzaros then I'd look into more details/speak to a Rav.

Growing up, there was a close family friend of ours whose young child had cancer r"l. They lived in condos and every neighbor also had some kind of issue. Eventually they found out that each of those condos used to be 1 family homes and the contractor had closed up a window/door in each unit when converting them. The situation was fixed and bH all the issues resolved.

There's another area in Lakewood where fruit trees were uprooted to build a development. The amount of sick people in that area is very very disproportionate. I don't know what was done about it but I would never buy a house there.

There's an apt for rent in the area I live that has had 5(!!) newlywed couples move in and get divorced shortly afterward. I would not recommend this apt to anyone. One couple? Yes. Two? OK. Three? Weird. Five?! Keep away!!!!!

I also found out there was a closed up window at my current house. We asked our Rav and he said there's no issue. We don't need to do anything.

Lady A

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:59 am
Seriously? What century are we living in?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:08 pm
Do you realize that EVERYONE suffers from some sort of nisayon in their lifetime? That's a ridiculous reason not to buy simply because every person who's selling their house likely went thru some sore of hardship in their lifetime

Busybee5

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:13 pm
Course I would! The previous people's mazel or curses don't have anything to do with yours!

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Orange wrote:

Or the neighbor is trying to prevent from selling LOL

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Or the neighbor is trying to prevent from selling LOL

It was a rental not selling.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:11 pm
amother Orange wrote:

Yes I know about this apartment too and know one of the couples that had lived there. I heard that there was a fruit tree that was cut down on the property.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 2:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
A beautiful home came into the market. When I looked at the history of the house I realized the house was bought a year ago by the current wonders. When I asked the agents why they're selling she said the (Jewish) couple is getting divorced. Would you feel comfortable buying this home?

Go get a bracha from a gita yid if you don't feel so comfortable.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:56 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
My sister lived in a house and had no kids while she lived there. Neither did the person who lived before there nor the person after.

Guess what? There was a mold problem and apparently it affected fertility…. She conceived shortly after moving.
Black mold was my first thought. It’s very toxic and affects fertility.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 8:46 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
If its just one divorced couple, then yes, sure!
But if the house has a history of tzaros then I'd look into more details/speak to a Rav.

Growing up, there was a close family friend of ours whose young child had cancer r"l. They lived in condos and every neighbor also had some kind of issue. Eventually they found out that each of those condos used to be 1 family homes and the contractor had closed up a window/door in each unit when converting them. The situation was fixed and bH all the issues resolved.

There's another area in Lakewood where fruit trees were uprooted to build a development. The amount of sick people in that area is very very disproportionate. I don't know what was done about it but I would never buy a house there.

where in lakewood?

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
where in lakewood?

I’m freaked out, bought a house in Lakewood in a new development. How on earth would I know if there were any fruit trees uprooted?

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 9:58 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
I’m freaked out, bought a house in Lakewood in a new development. How on earth would I know if there were any fruit trees uprooted?

There's no halacha against living where a fruit was removed. None. You cannot remove one (although there are ways around it) but it can't curse the land. It's not real.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:04 pm
There’s a thing of a place having bad Mazal.
There was a story in the Ami of a guy who bought a storefront for his store. Everyone was telling him not to buy it including his daughter. Since all previous owners went bankrupt. He didn’t listen and a year later he closed down and declared bankruptcy.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating