Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Does your lifestyle reflect your income?
Previous  1  2  3

Does your lifestyle reflect your income?
Yes  
 40%  [ 111 ]
No - on the outside it looks like we have more money then we actually have  
 22%  [ 60 ]
No - on the outside it looks like we have less money then we actually have  
 36%  [ 100 ]
Total Votes : 271

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 7:18 pm
Hm. I’m not sure.
We make about 100k combined with one child on the way bh. My husband is looking for a new job and I’m praying that’ll happen soon.
We save a nice amount every month, we have everything we need, we shop mindfully and smartly.
I think people think we make less than we do bec they always telling us about govt programs lol

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
My parents were comfortable, but my mother was very frugal about some things and refused to buy at full price or in fancy stores. Food was always of the highest quality, but clothing was TJMaxx or Marshall’s all the way. Clothing always looked nice, but had to be purchased on sale. My parents kept their cars for many years, and drove infancy models. Our house, though decent, was far lower than what they could have afforded. We took unfancy vacations and rarely ate in restaurants. However, they readily paid for college and education, happily took us to museums and concerts, and made their children beautiful smachot. My mother made the point that they worked very hard, always saved money, and only lived within their means. They taught us not to envy people who spent more or had fancier things. That was a valuable education.

I am similar. I wouldn’t say I only buy on sale but it’s my preference. I do respect my teens need to fit in and wear current styles but I don’t care when they turn their noses up at the younger kids un-matching previous season wardrobe.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:34 pm
Both less and more. We're good at shopping cheap. But we also don't spend on silly stuff if we can.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics