Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Therapists here
Previous  1  2

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone know how many ppl we need to create this group here or how to go about it ?

Reach out to a mod or preferably Yael. In the past they wanted 10 to 15 to create a forum. For a user group. I would guess you need a lot more.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:46 pm
I'm in! Also don't have WhatsApp so this would be nice Smile

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 9:26 pm
I'm interested! I'm just concerned as to how the vetting process would work. Anyone can technically claim to be a therapist.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 9:38 pm
True it would only work if somebody vetted members and they would need to be licensed mental health professionals.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
I'm interested! I'm just concerned as to how the vetting process would work. Anyone can technically claim to be a therapist.

Don’t you guys have licensing boards and numbers?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 9:43 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Don’t you guys have licensing boards and numbers?

Yup, we do. Just making sure that the vetting process will be good. On whatsapp groups you generally need to be "invited" by another therapist, no random links to join the chat flying around.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:33 pm
If we vet everyone instead of just allowing anyone to self-proclaim themselves a therapist, then people would have to share their real names and usernames.

Think about it. Let's say you want to join. So you PM the mods to join. The only way she can verify you is by your name. So now she knows your name and username.

Not necessarily a problem, but that's how it would likely work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:35 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
If we vet everyone instead of just allowing anyone to self-proclaim themselves a therapist, then people would have to share their real names and usernames.

Think about it. Let's say you want to join. So you PM the mods to join. The only way she can verify you is by your name. So now she knows your name and username.

Not necessarily a problem, but that's how it would likely work.

Right im not sure which way we should go.
First its still the internet so everyone would have to keep that in mind while posting.
What would be the worst if someone is misrepresenting themselves or is there no point then?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:33 pm
I personally don't see the issue if someone pretends to be a therapist. You know and I know that we're just regular people. What top trade secrets do we have to share?

I don't think you can do like supervision type here, talking about actual cases or clients with details. Seems like major HIPAA violation.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:58 pm
I'm in!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:12 pm
Whew! That's a lot of therapists on here! (counted 15 so far...)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics