Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is BDY monsey closing down
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:58 pm
It's terrible. What are the students going to do???

Peersupport

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:36 pm
Will they help their students get into other schools?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:39 pm
Peersupport wrote:
Will they help their students get into other schools?

They exist because they fill a specific need in monsey, I don’t think these kids really have where to go. I can see people trying bnos bina but they’re pretty much full.
I doubt chasidish schools are really going to take anyone because a chunk of bdy parents were originally rejected from these schools before they sent to bdy and especially because they all have the no driving rule and they can’t suddenly accept these people and then still tell their current parent body that the mothers can’t drive. (Although if this is what it would take for monsey schools to drop that craze then at least something good will have come out from bdy closing)
I feel like monsey schools are best off finding a way to fund bdy should continue to exist because it definitely helps them.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 11:52 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
They exist because they fill a specific need in monsey, I don’t think these kids really have where to go. I can see people trying bnos bina but they’re pretty much full.
I doubt chasidish schools are really going to take anyone because a chunk of bdy parents were originally rejected from these schools before they sent to bdy and especially because they all have the no driving rule and they can’t suddenly accept these people and then still tell their current parent body that the mothers can’t drive. (Although if this is what it would take for monsey schools to drop that craze then at least something good will have come out from bdy closing)
I feel like monsey schools are best off finding a way to fund bdy should continue to exist because it definitely helps them.

I’m not really sure why someone hearted my post. Everything I wrote is unfortunately true.
if someone ch”v took it as me speaking negatively of the parents and that’s why they wouldn’t get in- I apologize. I meant the chasidish school system in monsey- they are all looking for the same cookie cutter family and give a very hard time to everyone, so they’ll definitely not be too kind about accepting families that are definitely in their mold.

shachachti

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:33 am
amother Cyan wrote:

I totally agree and I wish the schools would see it this way.

The reason you got hugged might be because people think its extremely far fetched that the schools should fund BDY.

Bottom line, where are these girls going tomorrow?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:37 am
shachachti wrote:

The reason you got hugged might be because people think its extremely far fetched that the schools should fund BDY.

Got it, although I think really it’s not such a far-fetched idea. A community should have each others backs and bdy had all the other chasidish schools back by taking in everyone they were rejecting, and now these schools should have their back and if they don’t want to take in the girls they should ensure that bdy can exist.
We don’t just close our eyes leave Jewish kids out on the streer.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:41 am
shachachti wrote:

Why? I live in Lakewood and the schools here make sure the “reject school” has the resources to stay open

shachachti

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:52 am
amother Teal wrote:
Why? I live in Lakewood and the schools here make sure the “reject school” has the resources to stay open

Ok. It is the first time I hear this concept but it really makes sense to me.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:55 am
amother Teal wrote:

thts not necessarily true. a school closed down a few years ago. maybe 5 years ago? don’t rem
exactly how long. small school I forgot the name. maybe ateres soemthing. and they couldn’t financially stay afloat anymore and it closed and was a whole scramble trying to place all the girls.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 2:14 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I’m not really sure why someone hearted my post. Everything I wrote is unfortunately true.
if someone ch”v took it as me speaking negatively of the parents and that’s why they wouldn’t get in- I apologize. I meant the chasidish school system in monsey- they are all looking for the same cookie cutter family and give a very hard time to everyone, so they’ll definitely not be too kind about accepting families that are definitely in their mold.

Off topic just for a minute- is the heart/hug considered a negative thing? I always thought it was a ‘like’

About bdy I really hope that they somehow still pull things together and manage to reopen, they are such an important school
Some families might try Retek school

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:39 am
amother Cyan wrote:

A school in my community was in financial trouble and the teachers informed the parents that they wouldn't be able to continue working in the current situation. A charity campaign was started and I don't know about all the schools but the 3 other schools I send to all sent out multiple emails encouraging the parents to donate generously. That's what community is about.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:41 am
Retek is just high school and while it's open and accepting and builds the girls up, she is very selective in who she takes. I know bdy girls who applied there and didn't even get an interview because they were too open in areas of technology, tznius, boys...

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:44 am
The school is closing for financial reasons. If the funds would be raised then the school would stay open. It’s that simple.

A close family member of mine owns the school so I have the inside information.

It’s really sad

amother
Brass

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:53 am
Oy, poor girls! They couldn't even finish the school year? I hope they gave them grades for the year. I assume they're not going to start at another school just before it ends?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:04 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Off topic just for a minute- is the heart/hug considered a negative thing? I always thought it was a ‘like’

About bdy I really hope that they somehow still pull things together and manage to reopen, they are such an important school
Some families might try Retek school

In the rest of the internet the heart would be used to indicate that a post was heartwarming or that someone felt sympathetic.

In imamother it is generally used as a passive aggressive way to indicate a negative feeling toward the post - equivalent to a thumbs down.

Most other Internet forums have some way of indicating that you don't agree with a poster - or the information is wrong or in some way your reaction is negative. Typically that would be a thumbs down button.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:01 am
amother Cyan wrote:

I hearted it because it’s sad to read. A hard situation.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:12 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
In the rest of the internet the heart would be used to indicate that a post was heartwarming or that someone felt sympathetic.

In imamother it is generally used as a passive aggressive way to indicate a negative feeling toward the post - equivalent to a thumbs down.

Most other Internet forums have some way of indicating that you don't agree with a poster - or the information is wrong or in some way your reaction is negative. Typically that would be a thumbs down button.

Thanks for the explanation, I did not know that… I’m sorry for those I ‘liked negatively’ in the past..

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 9:15 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, I did not know that… I’m sorry for those I ‘liked negatively’ in the past..

It is very confusing on imamother because the heart emoji is used both ways. The poster above explained that she was using it in a sympathetic and not dislike manner.

It would really make it easier if there were a thumbs down emoji so that the heart emoji was used for its original purpose which is to express sympathy.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:20 am
amother Chicory wrote:
The school is closing for financial reasons. If the funds would be raised then the school would stay open. It’s that simple.

A close family member of mine owns the school so I have the inside information.

It’s really sad

It’s so sad! I am so stressed for these poor girls and their parents. Getting into schools in monsey is a nightmare. They got in and now this?

There was a school in a different community in NY that had massive financial issues and did a huge fundraiser to stay open. The parents all donated and aggressively pushed their friends and family to donate because of how huge a crisis it would be for the school to shut down, and everyone was very generous. Why couldn’t BDY do the same? Make their situation public and see if the parents can save the school.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:33 am
The cheder is also closing down, terrible
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics