Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is BDY monsey closing down
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:34 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
The cheder is also closing down, terrible

Which cheder?

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:38 am
amother Molasses wrote:
It’s so sad! I am so stressed for these poor girls and their parents. Getting into schools in monsey is a nightmare. They got in and now this?

There was a school in a different community in NY that had massive financial issues and did a huge fundraiser to stay open. The parents all donated and aggressively pushed their friends and family to donate because of how huge a crisis it would be for the school to shut down, and everyone was very generous. Why couldn’t BDY do the same? Make their situation public and see if the parents can save the school.

They did fundraise, but it's just not enough. Unfortunately, some big donors pulled out because of politics & the school can't go on without those donors. Unfortunately the parents are also involved in the politics & it's become a big out of hand mess.
It's just sad for the kids who will most likely have no where to go because the school caters to a specific crowd. I hope that they'll work something out to be able to reopen for the upcoming school year.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:40 am
amother Burgundy wrote:
The cheder is also closing down, terrible

That's terrible, the cheder was really doing well. As of yesterday, the cheder wasn't closing. I'm going to ask my friend that has her boys there.
The boys have a better chance of getting accepted to other cheders, there are more options for boys & the cheder crowd is a different clientele then the schools crowd.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics