Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Non-Kosher Chickens
Previous  1  2

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:29 pm
So, we are all turning vegetarians now? I'd like to see that happen here in Israel, especially in the chareidi world. There are many frum families that can't afford beef.

Commercial chickens haven't been crossbred with silkies.

patzer

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:40 pm
Amshinover chasidim stopped eating chicken a while ago due to the kashrus concerns mentioned here.

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 12:47 pm
... if that ruling was widely accepted, it would also imply that we all (okay, nearly all) have been eating treif for who knows how many years, decades even. Even the generation of our parents and grandparents. Commercial chickens have been massproduced at least since the 1950's.

Gingy3

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:00 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
A bunch of poskim in Israel just put out a paper saying that all chicken is a big problem because of cross breeding and that there is a major chashash of treif mideoraisa. I am looking for dry info on this, without getting into if it's kosher or not. My husband asked me to find out about how chickens are bred. Where can I look to get the facts?

Is there an article on this I’d like to discuss with my Rav he wasn’t aware of the issue.

AllThings

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:45 pm
myname1 wrote:
If anyone has good recipes for turkey (breast or legs or wings), I'm all ears!

We find turkey cutlets can be made pretty much like chicken cutlets.

shanie5

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:17 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
A bunch of poskim in Israel just put out a paper saying that all chicken is a big problem because of cross breeding and that there is a major chashash of treif mideoraisa. I am looking for dry info on this, without getting into if it's kosher or not. My husband asked me to find out about how chickens are bred. Where can I look to get the facts?

Is there a link to this paper? Does it apply only to Israel or other countries too?

causemommysaid

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:30 pm
Do the rabbanim give a solution or just say chicken is treif? This is not a sustainable thing to impose.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions