Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o how do the girls know what shoes will be in style?
Previous  1  2  3

rosegold446

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:32 pm
Can we make a thread (or have this thread be the thread) where the trend-savy type of people who always know what's in style update us periodically about the trends so that we know ahead of time and are never late to the trends??

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:41 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
My teen daughter just bought Luci sneakers.

I’m assuming you mean loci.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:46 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
Happy to share the style we got, but like I said, she’s not a trendsetter, much as she’d probably like to be 😄 She got the Air Force 1.
This is just what she liked and overall she wears what’s in style, but I take no responsibility if these are totally out this season 😜

Btw my teen son is into On Cloud sneakers now, so I wonder if they’re in for girls too? I see some people wearing them at the gym.

Nike Air Force 1s are very popular in our NY suburb, and in the wider world too. I see a lot of women wearing Hoka and on Cloud, it could be it trickled down to the teens too.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 8:52 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
We live in Monsey, and my daughter who is pretty observant wants Nike this year. I wonder if it varies by city.
Also here in Monsey there’s probably a handful of brands and styles considered trendy, not just one.

We're from Monsey and my girls got Nike Air Force 1, they had them last year and they were really comfortable and wanted them again...( I wasn't paying more then $100 for sneakers.)

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
I’m assuming you mean loci.

Yes. That was a typo.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:17 pm
My daughter said her friends are getting the new samba that just came out but those are 180 so we’re not doing that…

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 9:27 pm
Am I the only one who thinks these sneakers all look the same?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:23 pm
My daughter got pumas....is she totally out of style??
Honestly most of her class has Nikes. She tried on Nikes but they were not comfortable for her so she preferred pumas.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:37 pm
We got the sambas and I think we ended up with kids sizing she’s a 6 and it was not $180 . Loci is also in was very in last summer my girls wore it to school in black all year. One of my girls for the new balance.but make sure it’s the one with the triangle back

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:59 pm
Are the NB 237 in style or just the 327? Ty

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:32 am
There was a cartoon about this in Ami last week. I've noticed women in their early 20s wearing Vejas (which is relevant to the cartoon, but might not be what hs girls are wearing.)

amother
Opal

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 8:27 am
My daughter also prefers puma. We looked at all the options and that’s what she likes. We ordered them and we’ll see how they look. She’s a very confident girl but wonder if she’ll come to camp and see everyone in nb how she’ll feel . I may get her 2 pairs ,one puma and one new balance. .

Comptroller

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:19 pm
Quote:
What I don't get is how the girls know what will be THE new shoe (or other clothing) trend for the season!!??

So now we know what ruach ha kodesh is for.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 1:53 pm
I was thinking more about this....
If you can tell what will be in style for the frum girls/ladies based on what is on trend in the rest of the world the previous year - can you predict now what the shoe trend will be next summer?

amother
Sand

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:08 pm
Just because something is not the newest trend, does not mean it’s out of style. Most will be wearing new balance or similar, those that set the trend are onto the next… apparently that’s samba

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:44 pm
DD is back and forth and forth and back about her shoes - what do you ladies think....she likes the idea of the new balance style shoe better than samba (which are totally sold out anyways apparently, so that's good), we are looking at a new balance and few other sneakers of a similar style but not new balance brand. She likes the look of the other brands a little better but is wondering if it is better to go with new balance since that is THE in style shoe. (I think that the others are sam edelman, DV, steve maden, and something we found in a frum store but I don't know the name)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:56 pm
How confident is she and how much does she care? My oldest daughter wore sneakers that looked like the in style but were from Temu, despite going to a Lakewood heavy camp and she didn't care one bit.

Cookin4days

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:09 pm
Sneakers that are in style now

Veja
Nike Air Forces
New Balance 327 or 574 or 550 ( each style I’ve seen but I prefer the 550 with skirts)
Adidas Sambas
And of course golden goose’s but I found them extremely uncomfortable and don’t think they make great camp sneakers

Sneaker styles that are for sport or running

Nikes any
On Cloud (my parents say they’re the most comfortable)
Hoka

Any of these are great

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:16 pm
Cookin4days wrote:
Sneakers that are in style now

Veja
Nike Air Forces
New Balance 327 or 574 or 550 ( each style I’ve seen but I prefer the 550 with skirts)
Adidas Sambas
And of course golden goose’s but I found them extremely uncomfortable and don’t think they make great camp sneakers

Sneaker styles that are for sport or running

Nikes any
On Cloud (my parents say they’re the most comfortable)
Hoka

Any of these are great

thanks! and in your opinion, would it not go to wear a similar styled shoe from sam edelman, frum brand etc ...?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics