Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
“Bottom” needs help

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:28 am
Mazel tov my brother is engaged! He is getting married at the end of June. Super excited! this will be the last wedding from my all my siblings.

I recently had a baby and I am nursing. I do not lose weight when I am nursing at all. If I exercise too much, I have a problem with my milk supply. I really really really want to look good for this wedding. I want to do it for myself, but also for all the pictures. I am sure these pictures will be printed out and framed all over the place and I really wanna look good.

My “bottom” is currently my biggest issue. It got so so big during this pregnancy and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I don’t even think Shapeware will help it enough. I know you will tell me to get a dress that is flattering, and I already did get the best dress that hides it the most, but it still sticks out. I have about five weeks. Please tell me what I can do to make a difference. I know you can’t really target weight loss to a certain area but I need all the help that I can get.

I am already eating as clean as I can but it can’t be perfect because otherwise, my milk supply runs into a problem.

Aurora

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:33 am
OP, I have no idea.

But as someone constantly asked some version of "when are you due?" you have all my empathy.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 10:36 am
Wear it with pride
Wear accessories that will divert the eye

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:14 am
But I can’t wear it with pride. This is not how my body normally looks. No one is looking at the pictures or even at the wedding and saying “oh she just had a baby”… I know I will care more than people care about me. But I need to know I tried my best to get into the best shape I can.

Will walking actually help?
Squats and lunges?

Any shape wear that you have experience with that you can tell me really done shrink you a size or 2?

amother
Broom

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:17 am
Wear a gown with a bit of poof or very a line so it disguises the bottom half.

Aurora

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 11:36 am
Maybe try wearing a simple sheath dress with a long fancy jacket or kimono over it that has a hem about your knees?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:53 pm
I already have my dress. I went to countless stores and this is the best I found.

I need to shed some inches. Everywhere. But especially my backside.

Please anyone?!

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 5:56 pm
Your nursing, please don’t diet while nursing and Chas vshalom depriving baby of nutrients, you just gave birth give yourself grace.

BmoreBubby

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Mazel tov my brother is engaged! He is getting married at the end of June. Super excited! this will be the last wedding from my all my siblings.

I recently had a baby and I am nursing. I do not lose weight when I am nursing at all. If I exercise too much, I have a problem with my milk supply. I really really really want to look good for this wedding. I want to do it for myself, but also for all the pictures. I am sure these pictures will be printed out and framed all over the place and I really wanna look good.

My “bottom” is currently my biggest issue. It got so so big during this pregnancy and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I don’t even think Shapeware will help it enough. I know you will tell me to get a dress that is flattering, and I already did get the best dress that hides it the most, but it still sticks out. I have about five weeks. Please tell me what I can do to make a difference. I know you can’t really target weight loss to a certain area but I need all the help that I can get.

I am already eating as clean as I can but it can’t be perfect because otherwise, my milk supply runs into a problem.

Mazal tov! Meet with a registered dietitian who can create for you a custom eating plan tailored to you that will give you the nutrition you need and enable you to shed a few pounds.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:15 pm
And I have exactly the opposite how to increase my non existent bottom my tush is totally flat!!!

amother
Clover

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 6:15 pm
It's possible your posture is making your bottom stick out more than it should. I find that when I'm post partum I tend to arch my back so that my stomach is pushed forward and my bottom sticks outward. Very unflattering. When I remember to pull myself in/stand straight bottom is much smaller because it's in a better position. Pilates and core exercises help with this.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:12 pm
If your dress would look good with long chiffon scarf draped down below the neckline, extending to the back, and hanging down each shoulder in the back to just the right length, it can look great.

Mazel Tov!

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, May 23 2024, 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

disneyland

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:18 pm
There is a person online named cassel ho and she teaches different excersizes. She has some specifically for "bottom" as well as targeting other parts of your body

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
But I can’t wear it with pride. This is not how my body normally looks. No one is looking at the pictures or even at the wedding and saying “oh she just had a baby”… I know I will care more than people care about me. But I need to know I tried my best to get into the best shape I can.

Will walking actually help?
Squats and lunges?

Any shape wear that you have experience with that you can tell me really done shrink you a size or 2?

Walking is actually extremely beneficial especially if you're someone that usually didn't move around and you're still being careful with your food intake.
I am doing other excersize- weights & barre- as opposed to tons of cardio that makes you sweat and out of breath - and as per the Fitness instructor, when I combine it with regular walking, I definitely see that I will lose more weight that week.

Is that the kind of exercise that makes you lose your milk or is it the cardio type?

If you want to make it less flabby & more firm, then definitely, things like squats help. But the way to shrink it is to lose weight.

I'm 4 months pp nursing.

Genius

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:27 pm
Walking and swimming. I wouldn’t squat now. The only thing that will really work is to shed fat. That’ll only happen with a diet geared for that, which you don’t want to do.
Walking every day should be a help. Mazel Tov! Don’t forget to enjoy the chasuna, no matter the back size.

momallhours

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 8:50 pm
Second the posture point. That is very important!

I find pilates to work very well.

thegiver

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 2:18 am
Drink more water esp first thing in morning. Don’t take seconds. Your body doesn’t need it. Have veggies ready and washed in the fridge for grab and go and do 4 veggies a day and 30 min a day heart pumping exercise. Just play music and Jump or jump rope 5 min at a time 6 times a day. You will shred it.

thegiver

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 2:19 am
Build muscle.target glutes and hamstrings. Largest muscles . Fitnessblender

penguin

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 12:51 pm
Why are you worried about your bottom showing in pictures? Posed family photos are usually frontal. At most if people are at an angle, tuck part of yourself behind the person next to you.

As for dancing, you just had a baby! So don't dance too much! But have a quiet word w (hopefully female) photog to make sure that if they get you dancing w kallah, it's from a flattering angle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise