Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help! Whats the best diaper rash cream?
Previous  1  2

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:06 pm
It’s very possible it’s yeast. If it is do Lotrimin, then triple paste, then aquaphor on top

In general when there’s a rash I always do triple paste with a layer of aquaphor over it

amother
Rose

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:26 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
It’s very possible it’s yeast. If it is do Lotrimin, then triple paste, then aquaphor on top

In general when there’s a rash I always do triple paste with a layer of aquaphor over it

Which lotrimin do u use? And for how long do you think its ok to use it (sometimes my baby’s fungal rash takes a really long time to go away and I never know if its safe to keep using)

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:33 pm
amother Rose wrote:
Which lotrimin do u use? And for how long do you think its ok to use it (sometimes my baby’s fungal rash takes a really long time to go away and I never know if its safe to keep using)

Definitely ask your pediatrician but mine basically said to use it three times a day until it went away for at least 24 hours which was about 2-3 weeks

I use the regular anti fungal one, it worked way better than the prescribed nystatin

miami85

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:34 pm
I think it really depends on what is causing the rash in the first place because with the right treatment, it really shouldn't be an issue long-term.

1)Regular rash from over-exposure to urine/fecal matter due to travelling or not changing overnight, then my favorite is Aquafor. It is non-staining, affordable, and multi-purpose. I hate Desitin--the smell, the texture and it stains.

2)If it is yeast--then you need nystatin (Rx) or Clotirmazole (generic)/Lotramin (brand) it depends on if you can get a Rx and it's cheaper than the store options that's better, otherwise they are the same.

If it is yeast, it can come at random times, but it can also be a sign of a food intolerance such as lactose intolerance which means the stomach lacks the enzyme to break down the food and therefore there is too much acid and that eats at the skin.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:35 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Definitely ask your pediatrician but mine basically said to use it three times a day until it went away for at least 24 hours which was about 2-3 weeks

I use the regular anti fungal one, it worked way better than the prescribed nystatin

Thanks yes nystatin does nothing for my baby

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:36 pm
A thick layer of Vaseline topped with a ton of corn starch helps wonders.

Maybe take baby to the doctor & get a prescription for nystatin cream. Also helps wonders.

miami85

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 5:36 pm
amother Rose wrote:

Lotramin/clotrimazole. is fairly safe to keep using as needed. My pediatricians have sometimes recommended some hydrocortisone for the first 3 days twice a day to calm the rash, and that should be done as sparingly as possible because of steroidal resistance build up

See my other post, if its not going away, you might want to take a look at your baby's diet to see if something s/he is eating is the cause.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:18 pm
Magic cocktail recommended by a dermatologist:

Equal parts
Purple desitin
Milk of magnesia
A and d cream

Mix together.

Works when nothing else does!

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:19 pm
Besides for cream, use wet paper towels only. Absolutely no wipes.

amother
Pansy

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 6:49 pm
No wipes only use wet paper towels, then apply a thick layer of aquaphor and triple paste on top. Do it every diaper change. This was the only thing that worked when my baby had a raw blistering rash.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, May 24 2024, 7:53 pm
Calmoseptine.

It's the only thing that worked when my baby had a terrible diaper rash.

I've recommended it to others and they've been amazed at how well it works.

It contains: Lanolin 15.7%, Menthol 0.44%, Petrolatum 24%, Zinc Oxide 20.6%
So as well as a barrier, it's soothing

Calmoseptine Ointment by Calmoseptine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O.....ss_tl

upwards

Post Sat, May 25 2024, 11:53 pm
Ask your pediatrician, but ours recommended Maalox and Caldescene and that's been working for us

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 12:02 am
If it's a diaper rash, https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl
I dont know if it's better than others because it's the only one I;ve been using for all of my kids and even if a diaper rash is already starting to get bad, it heals it with one application. I am super happy with it.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 1:33 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby has terrible diaper rash with raw and bleeding skin. Whats the best cream for treatment?
And whats best to use daily when this clear up?
Thank you to all you experienced Imas!

Triple Paste Diaper Rash Cream and Spatula Bundle - 16 oz Zinc Oxide Ointment and Diaper Cream Spatula Treat, Soothe and Prevent Diaper Rash with a Pediatrician-Recommended Hypoallergenic Formula https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BM.....ss_tl

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 1:35 am
May be fungal infection, go to pediatrician

mochamix18

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 1:45 am
The key is 40% zinc oxide which is the purple tube desitin. You want to rule out that it hasn’t turned fungal. That might require something from the pediatrician. Regular grocery store corn starch is also very healing and protective. Airing out and frequent diaper changes as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics