Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What helps you make healthy choices?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:02 am
I'm expecting right now, have a toddler at home full time and a LOT to do for work. The past couple of weeks I found myself eating 90% empty calories, and enough cals to sustain 2 full grown people... Whew whoops.
Before this gets out of hand, I would love to hear what you do that helps you eat healthy consistently and make healthy choices.
Last postpartum I had over 10 kilos to lose, and definitely not looking to repeat that! Thanks

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:00 pm
Keep plenty nutritious food readily available. It’s much harder to sit and peel an orange, slice an apple etc when you’re already ravenous, the trick is to have things you can grab and eat with no prep, so grapes, nuts, baby carrots etc

tichellady

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:09 pm
It’s really hard to be pregnant with a toddler. Just want to remind you that you have a lot on your plate!

tichellady

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:17 pm
Some ideas that are quick: hard boiled eggs, store bought soup cartons with cheese , banana with peanut butter, Trader Joe’s makes a black bean quinoa burger that’s yummy and dr prager makes a wild mushroom rice burger that’s good

Red lentil soup is pretty quick to make and so are whole roasted sweet potatoes

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:20 pm
tichellady wrote:
It’s really hard to be pregnant with a toddler. Just want to remind you that you have a lot on your plate!

Yes. I'm in the same position and my Dr told me I cant gain more than 13 pounds this pregnancy.

zaq

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:56 pm
Thinking about why I want to make healthy choices and what are the consequences of making unhealthy ones.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:00 pm
Have a pot of vegetables soup ready for whenever you're hungry!

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:04 pm
When I'm pregnant it's impossible, but once the baby comes out I'm able to diet pretty much right away.

I think my Yetzer HaRa is involved in why I'm able to make healthy choices (bc I want to look sxy), but I'm harnessing the Yetzer HaRa for a good cause, which I believe is what we are supposed to aim for.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 2:10 pm
eat proper breakfast, lunch, and dinner so u dont feel hungry and feel like u need to snack
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise