Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat recipes

bubs

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 3:22 pm
Anyone have a great recipe for a brisket? something a little different maybe? Thanks.

ihyphenated

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 7:57 pm
theres the standard- lots of onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, paprika, tomato sauce, a bit of onion soup mix, salt, pepper, paprika, and whole/crushed garlic

the jewish-american-princess- a can of coke and an envelope of onion soup mix

the hawaiian- crushed pineapple (or pineapple chunks) and their juices, pepper, onion soup mix

create your own specialty sweet and savory or sweet and sour brisket by adding one sweet, mildy acidic thing and one savory/oniony thing. or two! or three!!
three might get a little muddled :-)

Ima'la

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 5:07 am
Don't know if this is different, but I sear the meat, smother it with sauteed onions, pour over cola & sweet red wine, and bake covered 'til soft. YUM! For R"H, I throw in some raisins, too.

bubs

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 12:00 pm
Thanks. Think I'll try the sauteed onions and garlic stuff. Tired of the regular brown sugar stuff.

MOE

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 5:41 pm
I like to sautee the meat cover with a grainy mustard salt and pepper,wrap in tin foil and slow cook it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 20 to 24 hours

bubs

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 7:46 am
I spoke to a nutritionist and she said it is unhealthy to cook the meat at such a low temperature. Meat has to be either cold, in the fridge, or hot at close to 300 or you run a chance of bacteria and problems. I have one recipe that is supposed to be cooked overnight at 225 and I make it at close to 300 for a little less time and it's great. Thanks for the recipe anyways.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 18 2008, 10:55 am
But she sautees the meat first, so it's presumably pretty cooked beforehand.

goodheart

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 1:19 am
canuk wrote:
Anyone have a great recipe for a brisket? something a little different maybe? Thanks.
I posted my recepi its delic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics