Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Meat/Beef Wellington

out-of-town

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 7:31 pm
Does anyone have any yummy beef or meat wellington recipes?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 9:25 pm
I made up my own. I baked chicken cutlets with spices in the oven for a few minutes.

Then I sautéed our favorite veggies with onion, mushroom, teriyaki, etc.

Then, I cut big squares from flaky dough, and put a spoon of veggies, a slab of chicken, and stuck the edges together up over the chicken. Then, turn it upside down so that the tucked in edges are underneath, and it looks like a round mound. Bake for a few minutes until golden. I actually froze them unbaked and took them out for yom tov.

You can cut out a decorative shape such as a leaf and put it on top of the mound. You can make an egg wash and sesame if you want…

out-of-town

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 9:37 pm
how long do you bake the chicken with the spices for? and how long do you bake it when its wrapped in the pastry dough?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 9:43 pm
I baked it for 20 minutes so it wasn’t pink anymore (you can also fry) and then in the oven, bake until the pastry is golden on the bottom (gotta lift it to check) about 15 minutes. You can also grill the chicken in the George Foreman.

out-of-town

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 9:53 pm
Does anyone have a ground beef wellington recipe?

MOE

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 11:26 pm
you cant really do all ground beef wellington it will fall apart and go flat......
I usually roast some rib eye to medium rare I let it cool down I cut out maybe a 2 inch by 6 inch length strip I like to schmere on a grainy mustard I take puff pastry sheet some times I spread on a thin layer cooked mushrooms sometimes ground lamb or beef I place my rib eye strip in the centre and fold over cut any extra off the sides and bake until the puff pastry is cooked.

Cdlf

Post Wed, Sep 24 2008, 11:31 pm
I smear ground beef with spices onto a large rectanguale piece of puff pastry dough. Roll up jelly roll style, sometimes I put a kielbasa-large frankfurter- in the center, slice with very sharp knife. If it doesn't slice nicely put the roll int the freezer for 20 minutes. Place on Cookie sheet with some room for spreading. Bake about 45 minutes. Serve like that or with mushroom, onion or any vegetale sauce or sautee. You can freeze the slices raw and bake before the yom-tov meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics