Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Attack of the munchies

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 9:06 am
Last night I was doing really well, when I had a munchie urge. I cut up some veggies, but after that I got to the good stuff.

*sigh* I can't seem to get out of this rut. I DO have healthy things in my house. I need some inspiration and motivation. I'm feel like I'm stuck.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 9:14 am
Wait until after succos because until then you will have an overabundance of temptations. I'm sorry-
I too like good stuff so taking each day at a time.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:01 am
Maybe if the veggies just don't do it for you, at least go for something a bit healthier. Like airpoped popcorn or pretzels instead of potato chips and bissli. Or maybe fruit or a fruit smoothie will satisfy your little craving.

bebe3

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 11:29 am
flowerpower wrote:
Wait until after succos because until then you will have an overabundance of temptations. I'm sorry-

a diet is not gonna work if you have this mind set. There is always something to push off a diet for. Munchies happen, and you feel so terrible and gross after, but tomorrow is another day to eat right. Don't limit yourself to no treats. maybe give yourself a little treat at the end of the day for a job well done.

greeneyes

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 11:30 am
I always have some lower calorie treats in the house so that when I've got the munchies, I can have my fix without feeling guilty. Frozen yogurt, a low calorie pudding, a homemade healthy muffin etc.

Does that work for you?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:47 pm
There is a new chips on the market, very little calories. I like the salt & black pepper one, I think they are rice crisps or something, a company name starting with a G. they have a hugely satisfying crunch.

NativeMom

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 10:53 pm
How about rice cakes with jelly or cottage cheese or even a slice of reduced fat cheese

pomegranate

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 11:25 pm
flowerpower wrote:

I know that that is how most people think but why gain ten pounds more during yomim toivim and then have to deal with more to lose when you can watch a little and then only gain two pounds or less?

pomegranate

Post Sun, Sep 28 2008, 11:35 pm
We are all human so we have to have something healthy in the house in case these urges strike up. I have in my pantry flavored soy chips,spelt pretzels from Landau's (delicious and fresh),spelt flatbreads and those potatoe chips that are baked. For Shabbos I buy muffins made with fructose - I don't remember the compan's name.It came out a few months ago. I think something- Healthy Delight? No- I am not encouraging to eat often from such stuff but I think it is better than the real junk.
Also- all the chocolates and bisslis are stacked high up away in the top shelf of the pantry.
lately the first thing when you open the fridge is cut up fruits and salad. 8) But I also have my weaker days when I eat junk Sad

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 9:39 am
Want to feel better? I ate FOUR slices of pizza last night. DH and I split a large, 18" pizza.

To make matters worse - I did it right before YT and won't be able to go to the gym until Friday Sad

Top that!

octopus

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 9:51 am
pomegranate wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

I know that that is how most people think but why gain ten pounds more during yomim toivim and then have to deal with more to lose when you can watch a little and then only gain two pounds or less?

there is no way I am going to gain weight over yom tov. I'm not going to stay the same even. I'm going to lose weight.

If I just eat my meals (I'm at home-so I prepared very healthy- lowfat meals/no cake/cookies) and I plan to do a LOT of walking, I'm pretty sure I won't gain weight. If I cut out snacking, I will lose weight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise