Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Tried and true mandelbroidt?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 8:22 am
I saw the recipe in the s&s, but I don't know if it's good. Has anyone tried that one or a different one that they know is delicious?
TIA

mom2bsn

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 1:18 pm
This is a really good recipe:

Chocolate Chip Mandelbroit:
3 cups flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 cup oil
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 c chopped pecans (optional)
1 c chocolate chips
cinnamon and sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Beat oil, sgar, eggs. Add flour and baking powder. Fold in nuts and chocolate chops. Divide dough into 4 loaves and place on greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 20 minutes. Slice. Bake for 15 more minutes.

Enjoy! They are soo yum!! Smile

sky

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 2:38 pm
Supposedly these are lower fat then regulars but very good and you can't tell the difference (even though the ingredients are similar to the one above) they are very good. 64 calories and 2.8 g. fat each:

3 eggs (or 2 eggs and 2 egg whites)
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
2 c. flour
2 c. special K, Rice Krispies, or Corn flakes
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 to 3/4 c. sliced almonds
1/2 to 3/4 c. choc. sprinkles
2 tsp. cinnamon + 1/3 cup sugar

Beat eggs with sugar and oil. All four, cereal, bkg powder, cinnamon, almonds, and choc. sprinkles. Chill for 15 - 20 minutes. Divide dough into 4 rolls. Leave 3 inches between rolls on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove and cool. Reduce oven to 250 min. Cut rolls into 1/2 inch slices. Lay cut side up. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake 250 for 45 minutes.

And enjoy!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:09 am
I use a recipe for mandelbroit from the Spice and Spirit. it's got almond extract but no almonds. It's a great, great recipe and my whole family loves it!

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:48 am
sky, thanks!

I will be trying this for yom tov!

cookielady

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:39 pm
the Kosher Palette II has an excellent one. It comes out great every time. (unless you burn them.)

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:51 pm
cookielady wrote:
the Kosher Palette II has an excellent one. It comes out great every time. (unless you burn them.)

Don't have the book, can you post it, please?

cookielady

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 6:23 pm
I posted it. Enjoy!

mugsisme

Post Sat, Oct 18 2008, 9:37 pm
This is one of my favorite recipes. It doubles well. I actually got this out of a woman's magazine more than 10 years ago.

3 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c mini chips
1/2 c walnuts (I leave this out since no one likes them)

Mix together and set aside.

3 large eggs
1 c sugar
2/3 c oil
1 TBSP vanilla

Beat eggs. Stir in sugar, oil, vanilla. Add flour mixture, stir well. Place plastic wrap over bowl, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. (I do it over night.) Divide dough into thirds (or 6 if you doubled it). Form it into a long log. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (recipe calls for 1 1/2 TBSP sugar w/ 1 tsp cinnamon, but I just use the cinnamon sugar I keep in the house). Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until golden. You need to cut them right away as soon as they come out of the oven. I use a spatula (the kind you flip eggs or pancakes with, not the stirring kind). And then set aside to cool. I have used regular chips when I couldn't get mini, but now I buy the mini in bulk and store them in my freezer. Enjoy. It is a super fast recipe.

numster1

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 12:08 am
I'm looking to bake nice looking miniatures, but NOT patchke type recipes for a kiddush on Shabbos right after Succos. NO NUTS AND MARGARINE due to allergies!!! Looking for cookies, bars, etc

Thanks so much in advance.

dedo

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 11:09 am
about.com

dedo

Post Sun, Oct 19 2008, 11:10 am
sorry I meant to write that thats a video of the mandle bread w instructions and ingredients. made it, loved it.
enjoy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins