Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What is a good gift for an upsherin?

ElTam

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:27 pm
Any suggestions?

miriam

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:41 pm
Are they Lubavitch?

Tovah

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:44 pm
I always buy a yalmukah with the boys name on it.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Dec 05 2005, 8:45 pm
How about a personalized Negel Vasser set?

If you're interested, I can give you the info of someone who makes them (really nice!!!) and she ships too!

Chanie

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:30 am
how about one of those cute ceramic pushkas, or a children's siddur with the boy's name gold stamped on.
My fil makes these cute wooden Aleph lamps that are cute for an upshernish present too.

Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:35 am
Quote:
girliesmommy wrote:

If you're interested, I can give you the info of someone who makes them (really nice!!!) and she ships too!

how about sharing that?!

chen

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 12:25 pm
How about a decorated tzitzis? You can buy them in judaica stores but it's cheaper to buy a plain tzitzis and decorate it yourself with fabric paint. You need not be artistic, as you can copy a very simple line drawing like a choo-choo train or some other preschool motif, then fill in the boy's name or aleph-beis-gimel or whatever.

The initial outlay for several colors of fabric paint can be quite a bit, but until you need to buy more paint, the cost of each additional tzitzis is just the cost of the plain item.

red sea

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 12:28 pm
My first siddur.

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 10:48 am
Pearl wrote:
Quote:
girliesmommy wrote:

how about sharing that?!

Frayda Brown
alfrayd@hotmail.com
(718)735-8525
(She lives in CH)
They are $12 each & wrapped beautifully. I don't know how much she charges for shipping, or you can pick it up.

estherf

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 11:29 am
ElTam wrote:
Any suggestions?

I called up few friends and together we got a kiddush cup and a nice tray for $66. I hope the boy will be proud to have his own becher and it is a nice present.

chen

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 11:54 am
estherf wrote:
ElTam wrote:
Any suggestions?

I called up few friends and together we got a kiddush cup and a nice tray for $66. I hope the boy will be proud to have his own becher and it is a nice present.

wow, that's beyond nice!

buba123

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 1:02 pm
girliesmommy I do that too! I received it for my oldest sons' upsherin and he really liked it - especially with his name and pretty pictures on it. I've since given it many times. It's age appropriate and inexpensive.

my3sons

Post Fri, Dec 16 2005, 12:26 pm
As one who has just made her second upsherin...make sure that if you give "My First Siddur" (which is really great!) that you give them the information on how to exchange it. I got THREE for my son's upsherin and not ONE had a gift receipt or the like. I guess I know what I am going to give my son's friends and their upsherins.

Another great idea is a book on mitzvos. The boys love looking at the pictures and it gets them excited to do them to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics