Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Monkey Bread

SMG

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 9:36 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for monkey bread? I got one a few years ago and have made it several times, but I moved recently and can't find the recipe with the amounts. I also can't reach the friend who gave me the recipe. The recipe I have is similar to garlic bread and uses frozen bread dough.

IndyMom

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:10 pm
yum I love garlic bread. There are no kosher brands in the stores here so please bring some monkey bread to my house when you make it! Smile

BlumaG

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:21 pm
wati s monkey bread?

SMG

Post Tue, Dec 06 2005, 10:26 pm
Monkey bread is basically regular bread dough that is baked similar to a babka, but instead of cinnamon/sugar/cocoa, you use garlic, salt, green herbs, margarine. I have made it many times but when I don't have the recipe, I usually end up doing too much of something (salt or margarine) and not enough of another thing (garlic).

willow

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 7:21 am
Wow, I never heard of monkey bread before but hearing the description I want the recipe as well.

tzivi

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 7:31 am
what a funny name! LOL LOL LOL LOL

myomi

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 8:12 am
in kosher by design for kids there is a recipe called bubble pizza ring,the dough u use is pizza dough,but it is seasoned with garlic and herbs and spices and some cheese.let me know if u would like me to post it,it seems similar to what u r looking for,plus u bake it like with balls stuck together so it looks kinda like a babka

shoy18

Post Wed, Dec 07 2005, 12:24 pm
thier is a bakery in monsey that makes garlic, onion, and salt rugaluch. they are amzing they sprinkle them with seseme seeds and poppy seeds. they are special order everytime my faamily makes a simcha, or a seuda we buy them

MOM222

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 8:24 pm
I dont have my cookbook so its something like :arrow:

marg (1/2 stick -1 stick ) I cant remember
2 T. garlic powder
2 T. onion flakes

melt in a pot - close flame and add 2 tsp. parsley flakes

divide the dough into 14 pieces. Add to mixture. Coat very well
In a tube pan line up the dough fitting the pieces all around the center tube. Let rise and bake 25 minute (cant remember on what Question 375 or 350.

Carefull when you take it out .

I buy 1 pizza dough in my local pizza shop. Great for motze shabbos

Tila

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 11:55 am
I have the recipe, next time I am here I will post it!! For those of you who do not know what it is, it is cinnamon rolls that are served on kratchmere.

Tila

Post Thu, Jan 12 2006, 4:04 pm
as requested, I have two recipes!! One reqwuires a store bought biscuit tube that happen to be kosher in Canada, but dairy. I will not include it. anyone wants it I will post it.
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 1/4 tsp of dry active reg yeast
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
4 cups of flour
remove 2 tsp of sugar toa LARGE bowl. Add 1/4 cup warm h2o stir todissole sugar sprinlke in yeast let stand until frothy abt 10 mins.
Meanwhile in sauce pan heatmilk remaing sugar butter and salt until butter is melted let cool to lukewarm stir into yeast mix. beat in eggs add enuf flour 1 cup at a time to form a shaggy dough
Turn onto a lightly floured table knead adding enuf flour as neede 10 mins
Transfer to a large greased bowl turn dough in bowl to cover with il. Place bowl in a plastic bagNOT garbage seal, let rise 1 1/2 hours
NOW you will need:
1/4 cup butter or marg melted
3/4 packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
grease a 10" tube pan set aside. Punch down dough turn out onto a lightly floured board didvide in half roll into a log cut each rope into 30 pieces.
In one bowl; combine sugar and cinn. intoanother place butter. Roll pieces in butter and then sugar. Place in prepared pan cover let rise 1 hour.
BAKE center of 350 oven 40 mins or until sounds hollow when tapped. let rest 15 min.
mix milk and icing sugar and drizzle over.
This is better than the roll of busicuits recipe!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 14 2006, 9:35 pm
SHOY - Which bakery in Monsey?? Sounds Yumm!

realeez

Post Sun, Jan 15 2006, 5:03 am
so funny, I assumed that monkey bread was banana bread, lol!

shoy18

Post Tue, Jan 17 2006, 7:38 pm
Zishes, ask them because they dont always have them, they are usually special order

MOM222

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 10:26 am
Zishes is the best! I dream about their stuff all the time LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads