Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How much money does ur dh give you???
Previous  1  2

catonmylap

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 6:40 am
We both have cards, but I seem to more often run out of cash and "steal" from him. Sometimes it goes the other way and he takes from me. He usually withdraws larger sums of cash than I do because I don't like walking around with too much...

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:38 pm
I get a weekly cash of a certain amount that usually covers groceries, gas, paper goods, and pharmacy stuff, the usually recurring expenses. however, if something unexpected arises like drs and medicine copays, long trips so more gas, whatever extras, that we discuss how much and what to get together.
(like now we are going skiing so I used credit card to get pants, thermal underwear, hat gloves, whatever, its a one time expense, not part of weekly budget. my DH keeps track of our expenses so he usually gives me an estimate of how much I can spend on these extras. same thing before yomim tovim, when I need clothing, tights, etc.)

toastedbagel

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 4:42 pm
I guess I think of the Doctor as an expected expense that you hope to save extra money on by not needing after all - with little kids it is inevitable, but at least I can thank G-d for socialized medicine - less $$.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains