Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need vacume advice ASAP please!!!

blueyes

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:25 pm
I have been through around 10 vacumes in the 5 years I've been married. My most recent one broke and I am going out to buy one now. I dont want to buy a junky one thats going to last 3 months again! I use my vacumes a lot. I vacume a few times a day and have mostly carpet in my house. I need some suggestions asap because im going out soon.
What do you think of the Oreck vacume???
Any suggestions?? TIA

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:30 pm
do you buy upright vacuums? I find that they don't last as long as the canister vacuums?

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:34 pm
thats why when I bought my first vacuum I payed 500 dollars and bought the little meili. cheap vacuums just dont last. the best are elexrolocs (sorry dont know how to spell it) and meili

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 1:58 pm
I have the Hoover Preferred Windtunnel. It's a canister vacuum, not at all expensive, and works great.
I don't have a lot of carpet in the house, but I use the vacuum on all my floors.
But if you've already been through cheap canisters and they broke... go with the electrolux. Very pricy (last I checked a few years ago, about $600), but you can't go wrong with their vacuums.

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:40 pm
We got an Electrolux canister vacuum at Costco last year, and so far it has been great!
It is definitely the best one we've had.

~Debbie

beth

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 11:42 pm
I love the dyson!!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:38 am
just saw this.

blueyes

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:48 pm
Thanks for posting that article! We are actually really considering buying a dyson. I was wondering if anyone has one and if you are happy or dissapointed with it.

cookielady

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 12:50 pm
Last year consumer reports did a review of vacuums. The Kenmore Progressive rated very well as a best buy. We bought it and are very happy with it.

blueyes

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:03 pm
is the kenmore bagless?

cookielady

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:42 pm
blueyes wrote:
is the kenmore bagless?

No, it uses bags.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:07 pm
I have the kenmore magic blue. it was on sale for around forty dollars I think. I love it. it's small, so you can actually carry the canister in one hand and vacuum with the other. makes it easy to vacuum the stairs. it suits my purposes. it takes a bag, but that's actually better for allergies. everything gets thrown out with the bag, so the dust doesn't recirculate.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:09 pm
Def. look into consumer reports...about 8 years ago, I needed to buy a vacuum, and bought the one in consumer reports. The only thing that needed fixing, in 8 years, was a few months ago I needed a new belt. Of course, I don't vacuum nearly as much as you.

Anyone know of any self cleaning vacuums? Smile

canadamom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:10 pm
I have an electrolux, they are expensive but totally worth it, I have mine for over 7 years, my mother has hers for 20 years!!!
You can get them refurbished if you dont want to spend that much, but I believe mine was about $800. In my eyes it's a worthwhile investment.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:35 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Anyone know of any self cleaning vacuums? Smile

manhattanmom wrote:
My Roomba!
I have a very expensive electrolux vacuum that is great. But now that I must vacuum at least once or twice a day (with a toddler who leaves trails of everything everywhere) my robotic vacuum cleaner is the best! And my son LOVES it! He squeals with excitement when I take it out and he chases it everywhere so it also works as a great activity and I could sit down with my feet up!
And a great side benefit is that my floors are always spotless!!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 2:38 pm
I've got a roomba too, btw. I mostly use the roomba. the kenmore is for stairs, deep vacuuming, and pesach cleaning. I highly recommend a roomba.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 3:09 pm
I love the dyson! get the dyson its the best !

blueyes

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 7:47 pm
do you have the new model dyson with the ball attached to it or the older version?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 9:01 pm
If you own your house, consider installing a system.

tovasmom

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 9:27 pm
I have the Oreck XL 21 and I love it! It comes with a 21 year guarantee and they service it every year for you. They will even lend you another one if they have to keep it more than 1 night. And they will eventually take it as a trade in. I bought it after going through about 6 cheaper vacuums in about 10 years. It also cleans very well and comes with a small canister unit which is also pretty powerful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry