Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kashrus Alert - Arrowhead Mills Wholewheat Flour

su7kids

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:12 pm
Kashrus Alert - Kashrut.com

Arrowhead Mills, Inc., Hereford, TX announced that it is taking the precautionary measure of recalling Arrowhead Mills Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour (2 lbs.) with a lot code of 06OCT09 because of the possibility of the presence of an undeclared dairy allergen in a limited number of bags within this lot. The lot code is located on the right side of the upper front panel of the individual bag of flour. No other lot codes of this product or any other Arrowhead Mills products are affected in any way and there have been no reported illnesses.
Consumers who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk protein run the potential risk of a health problem or illness if they consume this product.
The recalled product was distributed to natural food stores nationwide. Arrowhead Mills is working with distributors to actively recover any affected product remaining on store shelves.
Arrowhead Mills� Organic Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour (2 lbs.)
Unit UPC code # 74333-47242
Lot code: 06OCT09
Consumers who have purchased any products covered by this recall are urged to return them to the store of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall may call the company at 1-800-749-0730, Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm Mountain Time.

Strudel

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:18 pm
Thanks for posting this.

mandksima

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 1:08 am
Not that I have access to this product but are you saying that this possible dairy allergen makes the flour dairy?

su7kids

Post Tue, Feb 24 2009, 1:13 am
mandksima wrote:
Not that I have access to this product but are you saying that this possible dairy allergen makes the flour dairy?

I guess that is what it does say, however, maybe the dairy content is botul b'shishim.

I don't know, I'm not a rav, I just subscribe to their alerts and updates. Well worth being on their mailing list.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen