Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Fasting when pregnant with twins
Previous  1  2

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Sep 29 2008, 10:26 am
GAMZu wrote:
Just curious, those of you who got a heter last year for 9 Av, what did you do on YK?

I just saw this now. Mine weren't last year, but on YK that year I drank juice in shiruim. My rav told me to drink every 11 minutes, not to skip at all, and to take it easy as much as possible.

Zus

Post Wed, Oct 01 2008, 4:50 pm
I fasted on YK while pg with twins, I was about 11 weeks then.

tripletlyblessed

Post Sun, Oct 05 2008, 5:29 am
I was eight weeks with triplets on YK and fasted. Of course I had no clue there were triplets. (Found out the next day!)

toastedbagel

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:22 pm
I was starting my eighth month with twins on Tisha B'av, my dr. told me I didn't need to eat but had to drink. A Rav said I could drink about 75 ml (2.5 ounces or so) every nine minutes, of any drink. I marked a line on a plastic cup and drank water or milk (for calories and protein) every ten minutes on the clock. I basically stayed in bed, and was fine.
However, the next TB I did not fast - I was still nursing 11 month old twins, in my 3rd month preg with the next one, and had a bad flu - rav said definitely do not fast.

QUEENY

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 8:32 pm
I was at the end of my 5th month with my twins on Tisha B'av and was told by a Rav I did not have to fast. On Yom kippur I was in my 7th month or so on bed rest and an IV and I was told every nine minutes to have about 2.5 oz which I marked on a cup I was allowed to have a grape or a piece of cereal or drink. After the fast when I went on a monitor I had a lot of contractions but I didn't give birth until the week after succos.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more