Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Can you tell me about the Rebbetzen's tishen for men? What is it like? The Rebbetzen at the head surrounded by only men? What does she do? Does she talk, do they sing?

What are you talking about? The Shabbos meal she hosts from many Seminary girls and whoever wants to join?

Does not do her own tishn

Kraizy

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:07 pm
Does she eat together with the Ruv? When do they spend time together?

Kraizy

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:09 pm
Is it true that the Ruv was separated for 6 months during shana Rishona because his shver (viznitz rebbe) did the shidduch Al Tnai that he won’t become rebbe for the first few years of marriage?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:28 pm
creditcards wrote:
People are upset because it started with Chasidim who didn't want to accept the current Belzer Rebbe because he was just 18 years old and they started their own Chasidus. It's hurtful when they call themselves Belz. We have a Rebbe, are you trying to replace him because he was 18?
There is just 1 belzer Rebbe, if you broke off because you don't want to accept our Rebbe call yourself something else, not Belz.

Wow. I'm quite shocked with your arrogant attitude. Time to chill. You don't get to decide who is real Belz and who isn't. Neither does the Ruv or anyone else for that matter.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:49 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Obviously your boss our workmates one of the high rollers

Or a hacker LOL

My boss at that time also had a live big screen of the first wedding at work, but it came with protektzia.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:03 pm
creditcards wrote:
People are upset because it started with Chasidim who didn't want to accept the current Belzer Rebbe because he was just 18 years old and they started their own Chasidus. It's hurtful when they call themselves Belz. We have a Rebbe, are you trying to replace him because he was 18?
There is just 1 belzer Rebbe, if you broke off because you don't want to accept our Rebbe call yourself something else, not Belz.

Not belz here….
But seriously having an 18 year old rebbe is a serious turn off to most people I think!

I mean how can anyone older than 25-30 really respect that…..
I’m glad he grew into his role so beautifully but imagine this happening now it would be a joke!

Eta: I hope this isn’t taken negatively, I was just so shocked that the Belze Rebbe started at 18. How did he do it?

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:30 pm
creditcards wrote:

People get way too emotional about a name.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:48 pm
Wow I learned a lot about belz! Love love love the idea of a chevra. So smart. Frum women can be so lonely. We don’t have the built in community men do at shul.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 10:51 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Not belz here….
But seriously having an 18 year old rebbe is a serious turn off to most people I think!

I’m glad he grew into his role so beautifully but imagine this happening now it would be a joke!

Eta: I hope this isn’t taken negatively, I was just so shocked that the Belze Rebbe started at 18. How did he do it?

Sadigur Rebbe just became Rebbe during Shana Rishona.
I’m those times it wasn’t so uncommon.
There weren’t that many Rebbes after the war.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:27 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Sadigur Rebbe just became Rebbe during Shana Rishona.
I’m those times it wasn’t so uncommon.
There weren’t that many Rebbes after the war.

It wasn't during shana rishona. I think he had 2 daughters already.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:33 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Wow. I'm quite shocked with your arrogant attitude. Time to chill. You don't get to decide who is real Belz and who isn't. Neither does the Ruv or anyone else for that matter.

Growing up as a Belz we didnt even refer to them as Belz. They were machnivke. Like a a different chassidas like satmer, ger, etc.

Honestly I think the machnivka ppl are way way more into fighting for their right and preserving the belz minhagim. I dont think Belz ppl care to much about what they do. ( Heard from my DH cause I'm so out of these things....)

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:34 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Not belz here….

The Ruv went to yeshiva together with my grandfather. literally the same age.

thunter

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I'm talking about Belz women who's children are in Belz school/cheder in Lakewood. I know so many.
They asked the Rav.

Check again.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:42 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Not belz here….

He literally grew up in the home of Rav Aron who was a Malach. He was trained for this role since he was a toddler, making him more fit to be Rebbe at 18 than many other Rebbes who were older than him.
Back then he was already smart, serious and courageous to do the right thing.

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:42 pm
amother Peach wrote:
the people in Belz who do not shave, claim that almost nobody shaves. Yet a lot of people do shave.

and to this day there is some restrictions on singing in Bais Malka all over E"Y, although they do sing on Shabbatons, plays etc. This is so as not to completely go against the word of the Rav Zichrono livrocho.

Would find it shocking if more than 10% does not shave.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:43 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
He literally grew up in the home of Rav Aron who was a Malach. He was trained for this role since he was a toddler, making him more fit to be Rebbe at 18 than many other Rebbes who were older than him.

Interesting fact, my Satmar husband is named after Reb Aron.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:50 pm
amother Sand wrote:
I'm still insulted that I wasn't invited and it's almost 18 years later. I married into Belz. But they definitely knew my name and address when they wanted me to come donate at the Belz women's gatherings with the Rebbetzin.

I also married into Belz and was invited to join a chevra
I'm sorry this happened to you
Incompetent chevra leadership in your neighborhood me thinks

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 11:57 pm
amother Slategray wrote:

exactly.
it's the people who decide.
and the people have spoken.

it is clear to everyone who knows history that the Belz Ruv z'l; for reasons unknown to man; had every intention for the current Belz Ruv to take over the Belz mantle of leadership.

the current Machnivke Rebbe only became Rebbe because there were a group of people who were anti the current Belz Ruv - which is all good and fine - they can choose whoever they want for Rebbe but they cannot override the ratzon of the Ruv z'l and decide on their own who will be his successor.

that said - the last few years there was a truce of sorts and the Belz Ruv son attended Machnivka simchas and the Machnivka Rebbe came to Belz simchas

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 1:02 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:

How old was the Ruv when Reb Aharon died?

I think it was more about preserving minhagim that they remembered from Belz, than who would be leading.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 4:35 am
amother Sand wrote:
I'm still insulted that I wasn't invited and it's almost 18 years later. I married into Belz. But they definitely knew my name and address when they wanted me to come donate at the Belz women's gatherings with the Rebbetzin.

Must be so upsetting!
OTOH I have 3 woman who married into Belz in my chevra.
Only one of them went to Belz school.
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics