Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:10 pm
So basically I’m copying the ama trend….
Prob won’t be able to answer all questions cuz I don’t know all answers…
Ask away!

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:22 pm
Do you shave your head?

If you feel comfortable sharing, where do you live?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:25 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Do you shave your head?

If you feel comfortable sharing, where do you live?

I do not shave
I live in Montreal

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:37 pm
Do you not have to shave?
Does your husband go yom tov to the rebbe?
What is unique about belz?

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:39 pm
Do you ever visit Tosh? Are the women stylish?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:39 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

It's common for Belz women to not shave.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:45 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
It's common for Belz women to not shave.

I dont any who dont 🤔

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:47 pm

We don’t have to do anything! It’s definitely recommended though
My hub doesn’t go yearly but this year he went for shabbos slichois.
Belz is in a lot of ways unique but can’t think of anything right now, I’ll post when it comes back to me…

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:48 pm
I dont any who dont 🤔

I live in a Belz area, many women don't shave. Especially the young one's.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:49 pm
What do you enjoy about belz and what is hard?
Is the Montreal belz less heavy than the Israeli?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Do you ever visit Tosh? Are the women stylish?

Nope don’t know the tosh community.
Are you asking about Belz women or tosh?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:56 pm
What do you enjoy about belz and what is hard?
Is the Montreal belz less heavy than the Israeli?

I think is Belz is extremely warm and very close knit like one big happy family. We lots of beautiful events.
Belz is also very open minded and very into education.
Very into positivity in Yiddishkeit.
Definitely hard when hub goes all the way to Israel to the rebbe. But otherwise I can only think positive….
Definitely less heavy then Israeli….

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 6:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Nope don’t know the tosh community.
Are you asking about Belz women or tosh?

I was asking about Tosh (Fashion discussed on the Tosh thread).

GLUE

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:00 pm
How many different communities does Belz have?

Like Lakewood, Montreal, ect...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Milk wrote:
I was asking about Tosh (Fashion discussed on the Tosh thread).

I wouldn’t really know, I do not live in tosh

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:05 pm
GLUE wrote:
How many different communities does Belz have?

Like Lakewood, Montreal, ect...

Boro park, Monsey, Lakewood, London, Antwerp, Montreal, all over Israel. That’s all that I know of but could be there’s more

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:09 pm
Belz in the past used to be very farfrumt and kanuish.
Today's days the Belze Rebbe is very forward thinking.

Belz operates hidabroot, a TV station geared to make balei teshuva, and have many programs for them.
The Ruvs latest initiative is kiruv kerovim. Making special program for Belz dropouts.

The Ruv created tzohar which is a program for Belz people that focuses on teaching about emunah and other topics partaining to Jewish living.
The men and women switch off every other year to attend a 2 day seminar by tzohar to delve into topics of Emunah and yiddishkeit.

Going to E"Y for Rosh Hashana is very popular by the men. The women move in together to make a nice yom tov for their kids. It's pretty much a given, so it isn't taken particularly hard. It goes back to Belze Toshvim going for yom tov for all of Tishrei until gimmel lech in the shtetel.

The Ruv had an only son after getting a bracha from the Satmar Rebbe the Divrei Yoel. His son has many children and there is a wedding of a grandchild nearly every year in Sivan.

Belz has many interesting minhagim for Pesach. Like not eating cucumbers because the seeds look like wheat kernels.
Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah.

The Belz Shul in E"Y is a grand replica of the Belzer Shul built by the first Rebbe the Sar Shulem with ruach hakodesh.

Belz yungerleit wear white long socks Yom Tov and black long socks on Shabbos.

There is an inyan in Belz to use the word "intershte" instead of "letzte" as last can refer to the end of a person's life.

One of the previous Belze Rabbanim passed a girls school and heard them singing, and then banned singing in the girls schools. The last Belz school to keep this was Belz Boro Park. All the other Belz schools did not keep it up. By now Belz Boro Park has stopped that as well. Ironically, Skver (their previous Rebbetzin was a Belz einikel) still keeps it up in some way in their schools.

Belze Shtultz is real. Most of the student body is Belz and marry into Belze homes.

Doos is Machane fill mit shtick!
Ich shtoltzier tzi zein a belzenik!
Uhu! Uhu! Uhu uhu uhu!

Sing along with me lol

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think is Belz is extremely warm and very close knit like one big happy family. We lots of beautiful events.
Belz is also very open minded and very into education.
Very into positivity in Yiddishkeit.
Definitely hard when hub goes all the way to Israel to the rebbe. But otherwise I can only think positive….
Definitely less heavy then Israeli….

Lol, a lot less heavy then Israeli ones. Most belzer people here in Boro Park consider themselves neutral, or Belz in name only. They're a lot more balebatish then say skver or Tosh. My Belzer friends say it's due to lack of connection to the Rebbe.
OP, do you think it's true?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:14 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Lol, a lot less heavy then Israeli ones. Most belzer people here in Boro Park consider themselves neutral, or Belz in name only. They're a lot more balebatish then say skver or Tosh. My Belzer friends say it's due to lack of connection to the Rebbe.
OP, do you think it's true?

Most Belz people including myself have very strong Belz pride… happens to be I don’t agree, my friends from us and Canada are VERY Belz but its more a inside feeling rather then by the way we dress

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:19 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Belz in the past used to be very farfrumt and kanuish.
Today's days the Belze Rebbe is very forward thinking.

Belz operates hidabroot, a TV station geared to make balei teshuva, and have many programs for them.
The Ruvs latest initiative is kiruv kerovim. Making special program for Belz dropouts.

The Ruv created tzohar which is a program for Belz people that focuses on teaching about emunah and other topics partaining to Jewish living.
The men and women switch off every other year to attend a 2 day seminar by tzohar to delve into topics of Emunah and yiddishkeit.

Going to E"Y for Rosh Hashana is very popular by the men. The women move in together to make a nice yom tov for their kids. It's pretty much a given, so it isn't taken particularly hard. It goes back to Belze Toshvim going for yom tov for all of Tishrei until gimmel lech in the shtetel.

The Ruv had an only son after getting a bracha from the Satmar Rebbe the bnei Yoel. His son has many children and there is a wedding of a grandchild nearly every year in Sivan.

Belz has many interesting minhagim for Pesach. Like not eating cucumbers because the seeds look like wheat kernels.
Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah.

The Belz Shul in E"Y is a grand replica of the Belzer Shul built by the first Rebbe the Sar Shulem with ruach hakodesh.

Belz yungerleit wear white long socks shabbos and black long socks during the week.

There is an inyan in Belz to use the word "intershte" instead of "letzte" as last can refer to the end of a person's life.

One of the previous Belze Rabbanim passed a girls school and heard them singing, and then banned singing in the girls schools. The last Belz school to keep this was Belz Boro Park. All the other Belz schools did not keep it up. By now Belz Boro Park has stopped that as well. Ironically, Skver (their previous Rebbetzin was a Belz einikel) still keeps it up in some way in their schools.

Belze Shtultz is real. Most of the student body is Belz and marry into Belze homes.

Doos is Machane fill mit shtick!
Ich shtoltzier tzi zein a belzenik!
Uhu! Uhu! Uhu uhu uhu!

Sing along with me lol

Nice!
Can I just clarify that the Satmar Rav was the Divrei Yoel not Benai Yoel.
I'm not Belz but I'm pretty sure the men wear black socks on Shabbos and white on yom tov.
I don't think any chassidim are makpid on zman tefilla, so what do you mean when you say Belz is?
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics