Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sudden stutter...corona?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:45 pm
I did do blood work after his second strep withstrong antibiotic, and it definitely went away the stutter. My doctor was happy with the numbers. Yet 2 weeks later the symptoms reappeared , so I decided it's time to go the natural route

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:47 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
I did do blood work after his second strep withstrong antibiotic, and it definitely went away the stutter. My doctor was happy with the numbers. Yet 2 weeks later the symptoms reappeared , so I decided it's time to go the natural route

Which antibiotic? And what were the number?

Is the natural route working?

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:49 pm
Definitely better. Hopefully will heal it totally. To the amother who mentioned that the immune booster can actually hinder the treatment, it's really interesting cause this is one thing I did on my own without health guidance

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:51 pm
Definitely better. Hopefully will heal it totally. To the amother who mentioned that the immune booster can actually hinder the treatment, it's really interesting cause this is one thing I did on my own without health guidance
A lot of things are called boosters , only some can potentially make things worse, so it really depends what’s in it. But in general with inflammation you want immune regulators or immune modulators as opposed to boosters.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:53 pm
He prescribed Zithromax for 10 days instead of usual 5. The number was around 800 which he claimed is rather on the high side but still within normal range given his history

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:57 pm
He prescribed Zithromax for 10 days instead of usual 5. The number was around 800 which he claimed is rather on the high side but still within normal range given his history

Is actually quite high.

Normal is up until 200.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 8:07 pm
That's why I felt I need to go the natural route. The medical world basically had no more ideas for me. I really realty hope it'll be the answer. Just as a side note the same time my son regressed again for the third time, my 18 month old started exhibiting symptoms as well. She was extremely cranky and I assumed she has strep too, as they tend to take each other's pacifier. I also felt comfortable trying natural for her as I'm aware doctors don't usually prescribe med for this age. She responded really well with this treatment and is fully back to herself. It was much easier seeing the change in her as she was symptomatic

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 8:11 pm
That's why I felt I need to go the natural route. The medical world basically had no more ideas for me. I really realty hope it'll be the answer. Just as a side note the same time my son regressed again for the third time, my 18 month old started exhibiting symptoms as well. She was extremely cranky and I assumed she has strep too, as they tend to take each other's pacifier. I also felt comfortable trying natural for her as I'm aware doctors don't usually prescribe med for this age. She responded really well with this treatment and is fully back to herself. It was much easier seeing the change in her as she was symptomatic

Who’s your ped?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 3:19 am
OP here. My doctor is great and although he was sceptical of PANDAS, he agreed to the blood test.
He also did a throat culture which was negative.

Her antistreptolysin came back as 226. What does this mean?
And if it's PANDAS, what should I ask him for?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 4:35 am
Even if it is pandas, why would you treat it if it is only a stutter which so many children have temporarily anyway?
I don't understand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:04 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
Even if it is pandas, why would you treat it if it is only a stutter which so many children have temporarily anyway?
I don't understand.

She also has a short fuse, she is getting angry easily. Also, preschool are saying that she isn't acting herself.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:09 am
I don't understand.

With pandas it’s not temporary

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:15 am
Hope it resolves fast!
While I would think not truthfully know one really knows or could say with any degree of certainty
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. My doctor is great and although he was sceptical of PANDAS, he agreed to the blood test.
He also did a throat culture which was negative.

Her antistreptolysin came back as 226. What does this mean?
And if it's PANDAS, what should I ask him for?
Was the range for the ASO?
Did they test anti dnase b as well?
Anyways, titers don’t mean much in the context of pandas.
You should ask for a month of antibiotics, either azithromycin or augmentin

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:50 am
I don't understand.
Because pandas means brain inflammation and you don’t want to leave that untreated.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:59 am
amother [ Ballota ] wrote:
Was the range for the ASO?
Did they test anti dnase b as well?
Anyways, titers don’t mean much in the context of pandas.
You should ask for a month of antibiotics, either azithromycin or augmentin

No, he didn't test for dnase b.
What do you mean titers don't mean much? How else do I know if it's pandas?

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 6:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, he didn't test for dnase b.
What do you mean titers don't mean much? How else do I know if it's pandas?
You really need to test for both.

Titers don’t mean much because they are checking for an immune response to a strep infection or exposure, but pandas is a misdirected immune response to cells in the brain, and we don’t have any tests as of yet to check for that. Kids can have high titers and no pandas, kids can have low titers for whatever reason and yes pandas. Titers can at times be helpful when diagnosing and treating pandas but they aren’t diagnostic and don’t rule it in or out.

The best way to know is to try the treatment and see if it works.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:44 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
With pandas it’s not temporary

Blame inflammation can happen after any infection and uses self resolves.
Stuttering also usually self resolves.
If not, that's ok too. There is some speech therapy which I personally never found effective but many people do.
I just don't see why someone would go to antibiotics and medicine extremes when in all likelihood it will be fine soon iyh.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:09 am
All of my children went through a stage where they stuttered at around that age. They were all speech delayed and their speech therapist was adamant that we must ignore it. And they all outgrew it within a few months.

I do have a child who stutters from PANDAS as well, and he needed medicine for that.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 8:17 pm
Just an update. Bh the herbs I'm giving my son seems to be doing the trick. His talking is basically back to normal. I'm so thankful hashem guided me to the right people at the right time and didn't have to struggle like so many do
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics