Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
11 yr DS still not reading
Previous  1  2

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 12:17 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Google Davis Method for Dyslexia. I went to someone in Lakewood who just started in September practicing this. She was a professional speech therapist, whose kids were helped with this method so she went for training and it and now practices.
My daughter went for one week. She didn’t know the ABC and was reading at the end of the week.
The only problem is that every person who goes to her sends another few people and I think she is full till June but she has help 20 year olds and 30 year olds who couldn’t read.
Pm me for her info if you would like

Pretty sure I’ve heard of her too! Another issue with her is that she requires you to take your kid out of school/camp/whatever for two full consecutive weeks (how did you do one week?!!?) to do the program and I’m nervous about pulling my kid out of school for two weeks for something that may or not help her (although whoever I’ve spoken to about her so far raved about her. I’m just so burned from everything else under the sun that I’ve tried).

Also op can’t pm you because your post is anonymous

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 12:51 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Google Davis Method for Dyslexia. I went to someone in Lakewood who just started in September practicing this. She was a professional speech therapist, whose kids were helped with this method so she went for training and it and now practices.
My daughter went for one week. She didn’t know the ABC and was reading at the end of the week.
The only problem is that every person who goes to her sends another few people and I think she is full till June but she has help 20 year olds and 30 year olds who couldn’t read.
Pm me for her info if you would like

What's her name?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children