Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SAHM daytime napping
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:33 am
SuperWify wrote:
So rude. Why can’t she nap if she has the time for it?

Posters like you this site complicated.

You misunderstood.

I was replying to the poster who was complaining that there needs to be a trigger warning about napping.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:40 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Maybe acknowledge that it is a luxury and bracha to be able to nap during the day.

Why should she have to do that in order to have this conversation?

This site is getting ridiculous.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:44 am
DrMom wrote:

I am really starting to hate this site.

I literally do not know these kind of jealous people in real life.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:28 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
You misunderstood.

I was replying to the poster who was complaining that there needs to be a trigger warning about napping.

You are right, I sincerely apologize. I thought you were agreeing with her.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 4:29 am
DrMom wrote:

I agree. It’s just not worth starting a thread anymore because of the emotional energy it will take trying to respond to or ignore posters who are being ridiculously obtuse.

Dev80

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I find that when I nap during the day my afternoon with the kids isSO different. I make time for it daily! I could say that I fall asleep maybe ONCE a week! Shabbos I have no issue napping.
It's so frustrating, any tips?

I find if I know I need to get up soon for something (pay the cleaner, someone bringing something by, picking up one of my kids etc ), it's a lot harder for me to fall asleep. Even with an alarm set.
Also sometimes I'm just too wired.
And having my phone in bed with me does not help!! I do think just resting in bed in the dark also helps.
Shabbos definitely has an extra level of tiredness - I could nap three times on shabbos day lol.

I am very grateful to be a WAHM that can make time to rest if I need it (my boss actually encourages taking breaks as needed)

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:33 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I’m laughing , you can’t say anything on this website without triggering anyone 🙈

How dare you say the word “laughing” on here. Can’t you see how triggering that is to me? So insensitive. 🙄

Hiding

DVOM

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:45 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
Maybe acknowledge that it is a luxury and bracha to be able to nap during the day.

Seriously, Blue?

The OP doesn't need to state: 'I am super lucky! Luxury alert! I'm living it up here at home while some mom's have to go to work! I have something you don't have and I know I'm very blessed!' before asking for tips on how to nap. Sheesh.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:50 am
amother Opal wrote:
Sorry this is so triggering for me. I work full time. Out of the home. Kids who wake up throughout the night and wake me up including a baby...

Here's the trend I'm noticing. People weaponize their feelings by calling them a 'trigger'. If your feeling jealous or overwhelmed or sad, call it a trigger and now your feelings are someone else's fault, someone else should have shielded you from feeling this way. In this case, the op did in fact lable her post very clearly, and if you work full time I'm not sure why you'd open this thread. Seems like you 'triggered' yourself. Not the OPs problem.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 7:11 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Here's the trend I'm noticing. People weaponize their feelings by calling them a 'trigger'. If you’re feeling jealous or overwhelmed or sad, call it a trigger and now your feelings are someone else's fault, someone else should have shielded you from feeling this way. In this case, the op did in fact lable her post very clearly, and if you work full time I'm not sure why you'd open this thread. Seems like you 'triggered' yourself. Not the OPs problem.

This!!

Not every post has to come with a disclaimer apologizing for OP’s privilege and begging forgiveness before even getting started.

**OP hasn’t done anything wrong**

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 7:26 am
amother Babyblue wrote:

It’s much a bigger luxury to have a babysitter take care of your kid and your hands are free to do enjoyable adult work. Can everybody fargin each other?

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 7:38 am
amother Yellow wrote:
It’s much a bigger luxury to have a babysitter take care of your kid and your hands are free to do enjoyable adult work. Can everybody fargin each other?

Now I’m debating what to be triggered about. Napping SAHMs or working moms who don’t need to take care of the kids all day. We live in such confusing times! Hester panim. Tzaddik v’ra lo and stuff. This thread needs a double trigger alert plus an additional one for those who can’t decide which to be triggered about. It should probably be reported. Can't Believe It

Last edited by NechaMom on Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 8:26 am
NechaMom wrote:
Now I’m debating what to be triggered about. Napping SAHMs or working moms who don’t need to take care of the kids all day. We live in such confusing times! Hester panim. Tzaddik v’ra lo and stuff. This thread needs a double trigger alert plus an additional one for those who can’t decide which to be triggered about. It should probably be reported. Can't Believe It

😂😂😂

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:24 am
amother Opal wrote:
Sorry this is so triggering for me. I work full time. Out of the home. Kids who wake up throughout the night and wake me up including a baby...

amother Azalea wrote:
Omg I was literally gonna write that this should have a trigger warning

Why would you open a thread titled "SAHM daytime napping"?

Look, I get it, been there, and not exactly done that.
Just because I can't nap, (kids are home before me already with a sitter so no power napping after work isn't an option) doesn't mean a SAHM napping has anything to do with me.

What is wrong with people.

Not everyone lives the same life.

If you willingly click on a title like that, YOUR triggering yourself, and that has nothing to do with the OP.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:33 am
Maybe there are sahm who have no money but no skills or talent to get a job thats worthwhile. The grass is always greener...

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:09 am
DVOM wrote:
Seriously, Blue?

The OP doesn't need to state: 'I am super lucky! Luxury alert! I'm living it up here at home while some mom's have to go to work! I have something you don't have and I know I'm very blessed!' before asking for tips on how to nap. Sheesh.

I wasn’t responding to OP, I was responding to Yellow’s IMO obnoxious post. You can see that because I quoted her post.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
I wasn’t responding to OP, I was responding to Yellow’s IMO obnoxious post. You can see that because I quoted her post.

Oh I work and never get to nap during the day. What makes you think I nap just because I think it’s ridiculous not to fargin OP?

giftedmom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:37 pm
If this thread doesn’t personify imamother I don’t know what does

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:46 pm
Op, enjoy your naps!! The mentality on this site is “if I can’t have it neither can you”.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:57 pm
NechaMom wrote:
LOL LOL LOL Applause Applause
You are one of a kind!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics