Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
SAHM daytime napping
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 9:58 pm
I find that when I nap during the day my afternoon with the kids isSO different. I make time for it daily! I could say that I fall asleep maybe ONCE a week! Shabbos I have no issue napping.
It's so frustrating, any tips?

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:01 pm
Oh my gosh! I know what you mean!

Newmom 1

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:35 pm
I can totally relate. A daily nap is very helpful! I find even 10-15 min does the trick

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:43 pm
Sorry this is so triggering for me. I work full time. Out of the home. Kids who wake up throughout the night and wake me up including a baby...

Newmom 1

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 10:54 pm
To the mother who is working - that is very hard and I really feel for you. I just want to add that just because a mother is staying home doesn’t mean she isn’t as tired as a working mom. The reasons are endless and at the end of the day a hard working mom is a hard working mom. Wishing everyone restful nights

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:08 pm
Do you know what it is that’s holding you back from falling asleep?

Noise? Worry? Thoughts?

Try a sound machine, making the room dark and maybe reading a bit before.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:09 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Sorry this is so triggering for me. I work full time. Out of the home. Kids who wake up throughout the night and wake me up including a baby...

Omg I was literally gonna write that this should have a trigger warning

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:32 pm
Newmom 1 wrote:
To the mother who is working - that is very hard and I really feel for you. I just want to add that just because a mother is staying home doesn’t mean she isn’t as tired as a working mom. The reasons are endless and at the end of the day a hard working mom is a hard working mom. Wishing everyone restful nights

And yet, somehow for all the upthread SAHMs an afternoon nap is a possibility and is indeed happening.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:34 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
And yet, somehow for all the upthread SAHMs an afternoon nap is a possibility and is indeed happening.

This thread is named SAHM in capital letters. So if it doesn't apply to you and you get triggered by it, please don't open the thread just to criticize. It doesn't apply to you. We don't have to participate in every thread.
(And I know working moms that take a power nap every day when they get home from work.)

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:35 pm
OP, I try to get a 10-15 minute nap whenever I can. It's not always possible, but when it is, it makes such a difference. I don't get a decent night's sleep, so a power nap really helps.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:35 pm
To the working mothers who are triggered. Did you not read the title? Why click into a thread if you can’t find it in your heart to fargin? Napping or being a SAHM doesn’t mean their life is easier than yours. My goodness! Then we wonder why Moshiach isn’t here yet. People flying off the handle when others ask about naps. As if all the hardships in life end with a nap.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:43 pm
I’m laughing , you can’t say anything on this website without triggering anyone 🙈

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 11:46 pm
Go to sleep earlier!

I used to nap VERY OFTEN, when I was a SAHM and when I worked part time. I would finish at 2, drive home to nap, and get up at 3:15 to do carpool (OOT). j

Then I started making a priority of going to sleep before 10 PM, and after a few days, it was amazing... I did not need to nap anymore!!!

Obviously, this only works if you have children that sleep through the night.

zigi

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:06 am
Is there something that relaxes you? A podcast or music. Try to put it on the same time you want to nap. Give your self permission to nap.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:26 am
amother Opal wrote:

TRIGGER WARNING: I like to nap
???

Sounds ridiculous.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:32 am
No one here forced you to have that kid that wakes you up at night... That is your reality that you must deal with.

Why is everything so complicated on this site?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:42 am
The calm app has nap sleep stories.
And yoga nidra (not regular yoga) is good for a recharge too.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 1:06 am
amother Yellow wrote:
To the working mothers who are triggered. Did you not read the title? Why click into a thread if you can’t find it in your heart to fargin? Napping or being a SAHM doesn’t mean their life is easier than yours. My goodness! Then we wonder why Moshiach isn’t here yet. People flying off the handle when others ask about naps. As if all the hardships in life end with a nap.

Maybe acknowledge that it is a luxury and bracha to be able to nap during the day.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:27 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
No one here forced you to have that kid that wakes you up at night... That is your reality that you must deal with.

Why is everything so complicated on this site?

So rude. Why can’t she nap if she has the time for it?

Posters like you this site complicated.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 3:32 am
amother DarkPurple wrote:
The calm app has nap sleep stories.
And yoga nidra (not regular yoga) is good for a recharge too.

I was about to suggest the same thing. We use the calm app quite a bit.
Even without the app you can find meditations online that help you relax. Sometimes even just that state of relaxation without actually sleeping can help as well as a nap.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics