Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
SAHM's - Is there a need for this?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:04 pm
Someone on a different thread today got me thinking. Is there a need for an open play space for mothers to bring their kids to so both mother and kid can get out and socialize? Not a babysitting idea. Mothers would stay with their kids. Would be toys, art centers, reading corners ect. How many of you would bring your kids to such a place?

amother
Brickred

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:05 pm
I would love that

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:05 pm
Like a mommy and me? Yeah I’m sure there’s a need

happy7

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:07 pm
People would love it, but these places all charge at least $12-15 to come for an hour. No one can maintain such a place with proper equipment and clean, sanitized, up to date toys without charging.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Like a mommy and me? Yeah I’m sure there’s a need

Yes something like a Mommy and me. But in a warm and inviting place where the mothers would enjoy socializing too.

amother
Lightgreen

Sounds amazing

amother
OP

happy7 wrote:
People would love it, but these places all charge at least $12-15 to come for an hour. No one can maintain such a place with proper equipment and clean, sanitized, up to date toys without charging.

Yes. There would probably be a charge

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:09 pm
love that idea! I dont live in lakewood though

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:15 pm
I would love that!
I would say to charge by the month so that there is enough income to also pay for the upkeep....

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:19 pm
I would love this! As long as upkeep would be sufficient to keep things sanitary.

My husband and I have talked about opening a mommy-and-me place like this but in our dreams. With play areas , mini-library , sensory center , and maybe healthy snacks

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:20 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I would love that!
I would say to charge by the month so that there is enough income to also pay for the upkeep....
Maybe a membership type charge

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:46 pm
They have this in Crown Heights - it's awesome!!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:47 pm
I work but would love this between the hours of 4-7. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:51 pm
Peekaboo Playground in TR is great for that, and they have monthly memberships

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
They have this in Crown Heights - it's awesome!!

Yes the motherhood center - it's been such a game changer for the community, it's amazing. The playroom was designed more for mothers to socialize than for it to be a place for kids like a soft play kind of place. (I helped advise on the toys) more of a lounge than "kids in action" thing. Miriamscenter.org

I keep saying we need another indoor play space here that's more gross motor stuff for a rainy day. Like the ability center in Flatbush, you can Google for pics

It's also a non profit not so much a business so idk how the numbers crunch but its definitely a case of "build it and they will come" in any community of young mothers and kids

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 9:54 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Yes the motherhood center - it's been such a game changer for the community, it's amazing. The playroom was designed more for mothers to socialize than for it to be a place for kids like a soft play kind of place. (I helped advise on the toys) more of a lounge than "kids in action" thing. Miriamscenter.org

It's multipurpose. There is the socializing/classes for mothers as well as playroom and activities for kids.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:04 pm
yes! I need a place for my kids to play indoors other than the library

emes86

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:16 pm
I am always saying we need a place like this!

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:19 pm
I love the idea and would definitely bring my toddler but realistically I don't know how much I'd interact with other parents. This is lakewood, not crown heights...

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I love the idea and would definitely bring my toddler but realistically I don't know how much I'd interact with other parents. This is lakewood, not crown heights...

I'm also the quiet/shy type. I need this because my toddler needs company. I'm thinking of sending him out just cuz he's bored of my company- but that's like $650.... I rather something like this- I'd pay $100/ month. Automatically when the kids play with each other you schmooze with the person near you... Or I'd come with a friend.
Can someone please start this!? I had such a long day today and there's a long week ahead!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries