Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
So weirded out about parking space interaction
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Almost positive they saw me. Don't think they desperately needed the bathroom as they were just sitting in the car for a few min after they parked. Maybe walking is hard for them but didn't seem like it but hey you them you never(also it wasn't a handicap spot) they definitely didn't need shade because it was dark outside:)
If they were just sitting there then that’s very wrong of them.

If they didn’t see you then they have bigger issues and let’s thank Hashem you got out of the way in time.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Neither. Why?

Because to me it seems to be that what they did is completely acceptable, unless it is not considered polite in an out of town community, or perhaps it is generational and an older person wouldn't appreciate this lack of patience.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
Neither. Why?
She’s trying to “other” you. As in, no one from her “circles” would think twice about this behavior.

But to be blunt that sort of aggressive driving/parking behavior happens mainly in NYC & co.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Almost positive they saw me. Don't think they desperately needed the bathroom as they were just sitting in the car for a few min after they parked. Maybe walking is hard for them but didn't seem like it but hey you never know(also it wasn't a handicap spot) they definitely didn't need shade because it was dark outside:)

If it was dark they likely did not see you

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:30 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Because to me it seems to be that what they did is completely acceptable, unless it is not considered polite in an out of town community, or perhaps it is generational and an older person wouldn't appreciate this lack of patience.
Has this ever happened to you?

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:30 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I was wondering if OP is "older" or from "out of town."

Lol. I was wondering if OP is “younger”

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:35 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Lol. I was wondering if OP is “younger”

She is "preg:)"

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:

Hmmm I am young and from in town and still think it was rude.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:47 pm
Taking a guess here that the “younger “ Imas think the poster was correct and the driver was wrong and the “older “ Imas think the poster ‘s actions were incorrect.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:53 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Taking a guess here that the “younger “ Imas think the poster was correct and the driver was wrong and the “older “ Imas think the poster ‘s actions were incorrect.

What’s the cut off for older and younger?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:53 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

A young woman alone in a dark parking lot, reasonably late in the evening, is going to be spooked by someone driving up to her and her cart.

But that doesn't mean she's "right" and they're "wrong".

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:54 pm
Yes, that’s more in line with the view that younger people are more self centered and entitled. Although in this case both parties are acting self centered and entitled.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:55 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
What’s the cut off for older and younger?

I don’t have any specific age in mind. Just seems to me. And I have been noticing on imamother diametrically opposed viewpoints on different topics , based on generation. It’s interesting.

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:59 pm
The driver was being aggressive.
I would have waited, probably impatiently, but I wouldn't encroach on someone's space with my car like that.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
I don’t have any specific age in mind. Just seems to me. And I have been noticing on imamother diametrically opposed viewpoints on different topics , based on generation. It’s interesting.

I’ve been lumped in both groups. I’m 36. I seem to be mixed up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Yes, that’s more in line with the view that younger people are more self centered and entitled. Although in this case both parties are acting self centered and entitled.

Why is it self centered to go next to your car when there is an empty spot? Pple never use the spot next to them when its empty??

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:13 pm
If it was a nearly- empty parking lot, then yes, weird. If the driver needed to park, not weird. Driving forward is how you say "excuse me" in driving language.

This reminds me of the time I fell asleep on a metro-north train with my head resting on my overnight bag that was taking up the empty seat next to me. Some lady shook me awake and said she needed the seat. I woke up and took my bag off the seat for her....and then looked around and saw the entire rest of the train car was empty Can't Believe It Twisted Evil

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:14 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:

Not sure why it matters if someone is yng or old to think it is rude for someone to aggressively push them

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not sure why it matters if someone is yng or old to think it is rude for someone to aggressively push them

Okay - so he was rude, and? You should be expected to move - you were in a parking spot, and you are not a car.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:20 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Okay - so he was rude, and? You should be expected to move - you were in a parking spot, and you are not a car.

You're right I guess I figured it out it was rude.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette