Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
So weirded out about parking space interaction
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:51 pm
I did a lot of shopping today and at my last trip I didn't have room in my trunk. Since the spot next to me was empty I brought my cart to my front passenger door to unload there. As I was opening my door and about to start unloading a car came and started turning into the spot I was in. Not sure if I am nuts but its seems a bit weird cuz it seemed like they were expecting me to move cuz they kept coming into the spot when they saw me. I then closed the door, moved my cart and went to the other side of my car to put my packages in. What do you all think?? I was weirded out, but maybe I shouldn't be? Like is that a normal thing to do??

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:52 pm
You mean the one you were standing in? Yes it’s normal for you to move out of the way and let the car park

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:55 pm
Why weirded out? You were standing in a parking space. They needed to park. So yes, you should move as soon as possible. The only time standing in a spot is ok is if you are buckling a baby into a car seat and then you still move as fast as you can safely (ie after buckling the kid in).

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:56 pm
Why isn't it normal for a car to wait for your spot if it looks like your leaving?

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:57 pm
If there weren't too many other spaces, then you should hurry up, get out of the way, and let them pull in. If you're the only car and there's a zillion spaces, it's annoying they decided to go right next to you.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:58 pm
Yes. That is 100 percent normal. What would make you think otherwise?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:59 pm
I don't know why you would be weirded out, especially to the point where it's bothering you later and you feel the need to discuss it. It's a parking spot and they wanted to park. Very normal. I would have just moved the cart out of the way. If you really wanted to keep putting groceries in the same side, wait until they're done parking and then finish putting groceries away. It's not really polite to take up more than one parking space in a parking lot.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:00 pm
Is weirded a word? Hiding

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

Grammar police on alert Director

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:11 pm
Lol don't think weirded is a word, but I like it:) I guess the reason I thought it was weird cuz they were sort of pushed me out. It could be that I shouldn't be taking up another spot but I guess I thought it was weird to sort of shove me out of it. The saw me opening my door to put my stuff in. And yes the parking lot definitely had other spots. Cld be I am extra hormonal cuz I am preg:)

NechaMom

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol don't think weirded is a word, but I like it:) I guess the reason I thought it was weird cuz they were sort of pushed me out. It could be that I shouldn't be taking up another spot but I guess I thought it was weird to sort of shove me out of it. The saw me opening my door to put my stuff in. And yes the parking lot definitely had other spots. Cld be I am extra hormonal cuz I am preg:)

If they had other parking spots it’s interesting they did that. But there is always another side to the story so it’s hard to judge. Maybe that spot was closest to the store and it’s hard for them to walk... just a guess. It’s most likely nothing personal.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:18 pm
Interesting to note the OP is weirded out and so many respondents see it the other way. I wonder if this is a generational thing ? OP may I ask your age range ?

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
If they had other options to park then they should have parked elsewhere. That’s really rude to not allow you to unload.

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:21 pm
I was wondering if OP is "older" or from "out of town."

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:21 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
If they had other options to park then they should have parked elsewhere. That’s really rude to not allow you to unload.

Maybe they didn't see OP even they started to turn in and some was trying to get behind them so it was just easier to wait her out? Maybe they really had to use the bathroom so they took the first spot? Maybe walking is hard enough to want a close spot but not so bad that they need a reserved spot? Maybe this spot was under a tree and they wanted the shade?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:22 pm
OP-I would be annoyed too. Have a bit of patience, let me finish putting my bags in the car. It won't kill you to wait an extra 2 minutes if you need this particular spot.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I was wondering if OP is "older" or from "out of town."

Neither. Why?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

According to Merriam-Webster, weirded out is legit. 😉 https://www.merriam-webster.co.....20out

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:25 pm
singleagain wrote:
Maybe they didn't see OP even they started to turn in and some was trying to get behind them so it was just easier to wait her out? Maybe they really had to use the bathroom so they took the first spot? Maybe walking is hard enough to want a close spot but not so bad that they need a reserved spot? Maybe this spot was under a tree and they wanted the shade?

Almost positive they saw me. Don't think they desperately needed the bathroom as they were just sitting in the car for a few min after they parked. Maybe walking is hard for them but didn't seem like it but hey you never know(also it wasn't a handicap spot) they definitely didn't need shade because it was dark outside:)

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:25 pm
singleagain wrote:
Then they should have waited 2 min for her to unload.

Unless they were about to have a urinary oops. That’s the only scenario where it would be defensible to low key run down someone in a parking lot. In which case I hope the stores in that plaza even allow customers to use the bathroom.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette