Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Totally disgusted
Previous  1  2  3  Next

WhatFor

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 11:58 am
I seriously doubt any mentally stable adult left their gum on a seat. It was probably a kid or someone with the mental capacity of a kid.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 12:30 pm
She's just venting. I always teach my kids to keep gum in their mouth and remind them of where it goes when they're done.

caza

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 12:41 pm
It is disgusting but try to put the shirt in the freezer and then it should be possible to pull it off. My MIL did that and told me about it.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 1:41 pm
CPenzias wrote:
She's just venting. I always teach my kids to keep gum in their mouth and remind them of where it goes when they're done.

This isn't venting. She's accusing and assuming.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 1:42 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

I didn't take it that way. I heard someone who was frustrated and angry about her skirt getting ruined.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 1:51 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I do not believe that a mentally stable frum jew does such a thing.

Hahaha. My husband has a business servicing only frum people. The amount of chewed up gum he's found in his place...its disgusting.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 1:59 pm
CPenzias wrote:
I didn't take it that way. I heard someone who was frustrated and angry about her skirt getting ruined.

Telling us to "pls be mentchlich" is assuming and implying that we'd do such a thing.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Hahaha. My husband has a business servicing only frum people. The amount of chewed up gum he's found in his place...its disgusting.

I'm at frum businesses and stores and busses on a daily basis, and I don't see chewed up gum anywhere. The only place I see gum is on the subway, train station, city busses, park benches, in NYC.
I don't believe that a frum adult would just put down gum anywhere to the extent of "the amount of chewed up gum he found in his place....."

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:15 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I'm at frum businesses and stores and busses on a daily basis, and I don't see chewed up gum anywhere. The only place I see gum is on the subway, train station, city busses, park benches, in NYC.
I don't believe that a frum adult would just put down gum anywhere to the extent of "the amount of chewed up gum he found in his place....."

Why in the world would I make this up? Maybe you dont notice it as you are not the one cleaning and scrubbing it off of bottoms of chairs etc. Happy for you to keep your rose colored glasses on🤓

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:20 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

Doesn't sound like an accusation to me, it sounds like a vent, particularly since OP is not blaming a specific person or group (e.g. Chassidim, Sefardim, Yeshivish people, carpenters, plumbers, teachers, blondes, redheads, etc.) for this but rather expressing her disgust at something that is quite literally disgusting. I don't see any need for defensiveness.

Hopefully no emotionally mature, self-aware person (of any background) would leave their chewed-up gum on a seat. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees of emotional maturity or self-awareness, even amongst people who happen to be frum women.

wigboutique

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:27 pm
Tip for removing gum on clothes - put it in the freezer and it will come off easier
So sorry it has happened to you!

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:31 pm
Im literally laughing at how sensitive some imas are LET HER VENT who cares thats shes posting here. Its ridiculous

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 2:51 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Why in the world would I make this up? Maybe you dont notice it as you are not the one cleaning and scrubbing it off of bottoms of chairs etc. Happy for you to keep your rose colored glasses on🤓

I didn't say you're making it up. I said I don't believe it. Because I believe that many posters exaggerate and many posters love love to talk bad on jews. I don't believe many things I read on imamother, especially those that talk bad on jews. I'd assume that little kids are leaving the gum there and the parents don't know about it.
(Are you the one scrubbing the bottom of the chairs? Or your husband?)

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:15 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I didn't say you're making it up. I said I don't believe it. Because I believe that many posters exaggerate and many posters love love to talk bad on jews. I don't believe many things I read on imamother, especially those that talk bad on jews. I'd assume that little kids are leaving the gum there and the parents don't know about it.

Especially bc many frum adults won't chew gum in public

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:20 pm
amother RosePink wrote:

Im too grossed out. But Im good at spotting it. My husband puts on gloves and scrubs.
Honestly, I really dont care if you believe me or not. Like I said, enjoy your rose colored glasses🤓🤓

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:23 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Telling us to "pls be mentchlich" is assuming and implying that we'd do such a thing.

If it happened on a frum bus line a frum person did do such a thing.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:28 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
If it happened on a frum bus line a frum person did do such a thing.

She assumes that a frum adult did such a thing. Which is just wrong to assume. Dan lkaf zchus is a chiyuv.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:30 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Im too grossed out. But Im good at spotting it. My husband puts on gloves and scrubs.
Honestly, I really dont care if you believe me or not. Like I said, enjoy your rose colored glasses🤓🤓

It's not about having rose colored glasses. It's about not talking bad on jews (especially with such eagerness) & being dan lkaf zchus.

CPenzias

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 5:22 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Im literally laughing at how sensitive some imas are LET HER VENT who cares thats shes posting here. Its ridiculous

Exactly 💯 everything becomes a big deal in here. It's comical.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 7:37 pm
Non Jews go on those frum buses too.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette