Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Totally disgusted
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:45 pm
why do people think its normal to spit out gum on a bus and the next person that sits down ruins their clothing...... I just ruined a $100 skirt cuz gum doesnt come off in washing machine... pls be menschlich!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:47 pm
Stepped in gum twice last week. I hate gum.

ftm1234

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:47 pm
That really is disgusting.

Even if it happened by mistake at least cover it with a tissue so the next person doesn't ruin their clothing.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:49 pm
Ugh that’s horrible. Sounds weird but I got gum off with peanut butter. Smear it on the skirt and it will come right off. Hope it works!

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
why do people think its normal to spit out gum on a bus and the next person that sits down ruins their clothing...... I just ruined a $100 skirt cuz gum doesnt come off in washing machine... pls be menschlich!

I do not believe that a mentally stable frum jew does such a thing.

imasinger

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:50 pm
There are ways to get gum off clothes,. Don't use a washing machine until it's basically off!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:54 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I do not believe that a mentally stable frum jew does such a thing.

OP did not imply that this was done by any particular sort of person (other than an inconsiderate one).

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:59 pm
amother Amber wrote:
OP did not imply that this was done by any particular sort of person (other than an inconsiderate one).

So why is she posting here as if one of us did it?
Ending with "pls be mentchlich", as if it's something any of us would ever do.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:16 pm
My baby nurse left gum on my couch and I ruined a pretty new skirt. It wasnt that expensive but I was still really upset at her.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:19 pm
My mother made sure to teach us that if we can’t throw the gum into a garbage, we can’t chew the gum to begin with. I have never left my gum around, it’s so disgusting. Would someone just spit out a mouthful of pizza and leave it on the seat next to them for someone to sit on?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:37 pm
It's bizarre to be posting here as if you think one of us did it. Unless it was a bus belonging to a frum bus company, why would you think this?
In any event I've never spat gum out in my life. I've been swallowing gum since I was first introduced to this treat at the age of about four and my kishkes are just fine.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Amber wrote:

By posting here and saying "please be menschlich" she's implying that an imma was, or could have been, the culprit. If all she intended was to vent, she should have said so.

Condolences about the skirt, though. You should Google how to remove gum from fabric before giving up on it.

abound

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:50 pm
I got gum off with toothpaste with hot vinegar and toothpaste, smear it in with a toothbrush. I first did hot vinegar let it sit then scrubbed in toothpaste. Alternate between the two. It takes time but it works.

thinkpositive

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:00 am
OP is frustrated and needs to vent here, let her!
Have you tried putting skirt in freezer, then trying to scrape it off once gum frozen?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:17 am
I think OP is just venting, not accusing imamothers. No need to feel attacked.

Mayflower

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 3:29 am
thinkpositive wrote:
Have you tried putting skirt in freezer, then trying to scrape it off once gum frozen?

Yes, freezing helps! You can also rub ice cubes on the spot and the gum should come ofF.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 9:53 am
amother Babypink wrote:
It's bizarre to be posting here as if you think one of us did it. Unless it was a bus belonging to a frum bus company, why would you think this?
In any event I've never spat gum out in my life. I've been swallowing gum since I was first introduced to this treat at the age of about four and my kishkes are just fine.

I posted it here bec it was on a frum bus company

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 9:57 am
amother OP wrote:
I posted it here bec it was on a frum bus company

It still doesn't mean a frum adult did it.
I assume it was probably a little kid that threw it and the mother was unaware.
Telling us to "please be mentchlich" is not venting, it's implying that you assume we'd do such a thing.
Dan L'kaf Z'chus is a chiyuv.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 9:57 am
thinkpositive wrote:

She can vent without implying that any of us did or would do such a thing.
Her entire first post is basically implying that people do it all the time. It's not a vent. It's an accusation and assumption.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Aug 28 2023, 10:16 am
OP, for the future, it's a good idea to look at a seat and make sure it's clean before sitting down.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette