Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I’m Belz ama….
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Nice!
Can I just clarify that the Satmar Rav was the Divrei Yoel not Benai Yoel.
I'm not Belz but I'm pretty sure the men wear black socks on Shabbos and white on yom tov.
My husband claims no chassidim are nakpis on zman tefilla, so what do you mean when you say Belz is?
that’s true Belz does wear black long socks on shabbos.
About zman tefilla Sorry don’t know. Lol! But I’ll ask dh soon

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Nice!
Can I just clarify that the Satmar Rav was the Divrei Yoel not Benai Yoel.
I'm not Belz but I'm pretty sure the men wear black socks on Shabbos and white on yom tov.
My husband claims no chassidim are makpid on zman tefilla, so what do you mean when you say Belz is?

True about the socks. It was a slip of the tongue.
Hust mich gechapt by a ligent.
That's why I am specifying it. Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah. Most other chassidusin aren't.

Another interesting fact, Belze Rebbe is called a Rav because he has semicha and can pasken sheilos. Most other Rebbes of big chassidusin don't

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:31 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
That's why I am specifying it. Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah. Most other chassidusin aren't.

Another interesting fact, Belze Rebbe is called a Rav because he has semicha and can pasken sheilos. Most other Rebbes of big chassidusin don't

That’s true.
Thanks for helping me out!

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:37 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Belz in the past used to be very farfrumt and kanuish.
Today's days the Belze Rebbe is very forward thinking.

Belz operates hidabroot, a TV station geared to make balei teshuva, and have many programs for them.
The Ruvs latest initiative is kiruv kerovim. Making special program for Belz dropouts.

The Ruv created tzohar which is a program for Belz people that focuses on teaching about emunah and other topics partaining to Jewish living.
The men and women switch off every other year to attend a 2 day seminar by tzohar to delve into topics of Emunah and yiddishkeit.

Going to E"Y for Rosh Hashana is very popular by the men. The women move in together to make a nice yom tov for their kids. It's pretty much a given, so it isn't taken particularly hard. It goes back to Belze Toshvim going for yom tov for all of Tishrei until gimmel lech in the shtetel.

The Ruv had an only son after getting a bracha from the Satmar Rebbe the bnei Yoel. His son has many children and there is a wedding of a grandchild nearly every year in Sivan.

Belz has many interesting minhagim for Pesach. Like not eating cucumbers because the seeds look like wheat kernels.
Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah.

The Belz Shul in E"Y is a grand replica of the Belzer Shul built by the first Rebbe the Sar Shulem with ruach hakodesh.

Belz yungerleit wear white long socks shabbos and black long socks during the week.

There is an inyan in Belz to use the word "intershte" instead of "letzte" as last can refer to the end of a person's life.

One of the previous Belze Rabbanim passed a girls school and heard them singing, and then banned singing in the girls schools. The last Belz school to keep this was Belz Boro Park. All the other Belz schools did not keep it up. By now Belz Boro Park has stopped that as well. Ironically, Skver (their previous Rebbetzin was a Belz einikel) still keeps it up in some way in their schools.

Belze Shtultz is real. Most of the student body is Belz and marry into Belze homes.

Doos is Machane fill mit shtick!
Ich shtoltzier tzi zein a belzenik!
Uhu! Uhu! Uhu uhu uhu!

Sing along with me lol

Are you belz? Please redo your research.....

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:38 pm
Was Bais Surah school in Boro park a breakaway from Belz?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:38 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Are you belz? Please redo your research.....

Everything she said is accurate besides for the socks mistake.

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:

So does that mean shobbos as well? I'm asking because not being makpid on zman tefilla on Shabbos is something that goes back to the talmidim of the Besht.
A lot of chassidim are makpid with zman tefilla on weekdays.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:

They're called Ruv because besides for being a chassidische rebbe, they were also the Ruv from shtetele belz, not only chassidim.
Most Chassidische Rebbe's had their chassidim but the city had a separate Ruv

Last edited by amother on Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:40 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
So does that mean shobbos as well? I'm asking because not being makpid on zman tefilla on Shabbos is something that goes back to the talmidim of the Besht.

There's a Belz shul on my block, and on shabbos they start davening earlier than other shuls.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:42 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:

On Shabbos also.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:

The part about singing is not correct either, the only places that did not sing was London and usa!!

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
They're called Ruv because besides for being a chassidische rebbe, they were also the Ruv from shtetele belz, not only chassidim.
Most Chassidische Rebbe's had their chassidim but the city had a separate Ruv

Meaning they were able to pasken shalos.
A Rav can pasken. A Rebbe can't.
A Rav is a darga higher than a Rebbe.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:43 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
Belz in the past used to be very farfrumt and kanuish.
Today's days the Belze Rebbe is very forward thinking.

Belz operates hidabroot, a TV station geared to make balei teshuva, and have many programs for them.
The Ruvs latest initiative is kiruv kerovim. Making special program for Belz dropouts.

The Ruv created tzohar which is a program for Belz people that focuses on teaching about emunah and other topics partaining to Jewish living.
The men and women switch off every other year to attend a 2 day seminar by tzohar to delve into topics of Emunah and yiddishkeit.

Going to E"Y for Rosh Hashana is very popular by the men. The women move in together to make a nice yom tov for their kids. It's pretty much a given, so it isn't taken particularly hard. It goes back to Belze Toshvim going for yom tov for all of Tishrei until gimmel lech in the shtetel.

The Ruv had an only son after getting a bracha from the Satmar Rebbe the bnei Yoel. His son has many children and there is a wedding of a grandchild nearly every year in Sivan.

Belz has many interesting minhagim for Pesach. Like not eating cucumbers because the seeds look like wheat kernels.
Belz is very makpid on zman tefillah.

The Belz Shul in E"Y is a grand replica of the Belzer Shul built by the first Rebbe the Sar Shulem with ruach hakodesh.

Belz yungerleit wear white long socks Yom Tov and black long socks on Shabbos.

There is an inyan in Belz to use the word "intershte" instead of "letzte" as last can refer to the end of a person's life.

One of the previous Belze Rabbanim passed a girls school and heard them singing, and then banned singing in the girls schools. The last Belz school to keep this was Belz Boro Park. All the other Belz schools did not keep it up. By now Belz Boro Park has stopped that as well. Ironically, Skver (their previous Rebbetzin was a Belz einikel) still keeps it up in some way in their schools.

Belze Shtultz is real. Most of the student body is Belz and marry into Belze homes.

Doos is Machane fill mit shtick!
Ich shtoltzier tzi zein a belzenik!
Uhu! Uhu! Uhu uhu uhu!

Sing along with me lol

I'm Belz
Men wear long black socks on Shabbes. Its called "shich and zoken" ( which means shoes and socks in yiddish) Some very belz ( Mainly in Israel, which is close to the Ruv ) wear long black socks in weekday too.
Long white socks is only for Yom tov and Chol hamoed.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
The part about singing is not correct either, the only places that did not sing was London and usa!!

Monsey did. (Their school isn't as old as the others)
I didn't know about London or Belgium.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:

Tzohar was actually oifgeshteld for ba'alei tshuva.
A few years ago, The Ruv Shlit"a said, why only do kiruv rechoikim, we need to focus on kiruv kroivim too, strengthen ffb and instill pride in being a belze Yiddish and send Rabbi Menachem Klein (Tzohar) work on it.
Started of in Israel and then going around the world

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

I'm from Monsey and we always sang in school. I think it was a Boro park thing if I remember from my city friends.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

So you're saying it is true. She mentioned communities in the US.
I think in Montreal they didn't sing either at a certain point.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Was Bais Surah school in Boro park a breakaway from Belz?

No. The administrator of the BP school was kicked out and opened his own neutral school.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I'm from Monsey and we always sang in school. I think it was a Boro park thing if I remember from my city friends.

How long ago did you graduate? I'm almost certain that at a certain point, Belz Monsey did not sing in school.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:49 pm
I'm not Belz, but a Belz graduate. In my day, Belz Montreal did not sing publicly (productions etc.) past bas mitzva. We definitely sang in school, though.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Oct 18 2023, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics