Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
No normal jobs for an experienced male
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:20 am
Heads up - a lot of the jobs on the market that will hire a man are for literal pennies. I'm talking from experience here - they will pay your talented, honest, hardworking husband 30k a year to do literal back breaking demeaning work from 9-6 pm every day (no days off at all) and then call you in to yell at you for a minor mistake. My husband is a good guy but after a few of these experiences he can't work for someone else. Now he is trying to build himself up.

No good answers from me.
Hugs.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:23 am
Whatever he does don’t let him become a photographer. It’s a murderous backbreaking job and extremely stressful on every level. Plus, crazy hours.

There’s a reason there’s a shortage.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:56 am
We were very successful with Candibots.

Not in this industry. In the accounting and bookkeeping industry.

But if all the recruiting agencies, we got more realistic and reasonable results from Candibots.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:00 am
if he's good at computers can he work remotely?
My husband is a computer programmer and he works remotely. I think he needs to fly out to the main office once a quarter but that's really not so bad.

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:16 am
I would look on LinkedIn and indeed and apply for jobs in marketing, design, media its a huge huge industry that is only going to grow more. We are doing a new website for my business and the quotes we got made me fall over but people pay this for good service. A friend of mine got a great job on LinkedIn as a marketing director for a big company and works 100% remote.

I think your better off not working for frum people. I have seen enough of my friends husbands get taken advantage of by bosses who knew they were desperate and not skilled enough to really be able to up and quit. There are those that will exploit weakness. Those in my circles who have either a practical degree, a trade or a serious set of skills don't get pushed around. Because you can always find something else and your boss knows it.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:25 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Heads up - a lot of the jobs on the market that will hire a man are for literal pennies. I'm talking from experience here - they will pay your talented, honest, hardworking husband 30k a year to do literal back breaking demeaning work from 9-6 pm every day (no days off at all) and then call you in to yell at you for a minor mistake. My husband is a good guy but after a few of these experiences he can't work for someone else. Now he is trying to build himself up.

No good answers from me.
Hugs.

Blue collar jobs tend to be strenuous. They typically don't pay wellnor have good benefits. But those are only a portion of jobs on a market.

care4u

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:26 am
I know a place that's hiring a bunch of positions and they said they're okay with men. Please DM me and I'll send you the info.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:28 am
Why is the Lakewood job market so poor for men when it’s insanely good for women? I dont live in Lakewood, have a degree and work a really really hard job. I hear of ppl I know working in Lakewood for Jewish companies making close to what I make for way less hours doing unskilled work. Why the discrepancy?

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:30 am
amother Heather wrote:
Why is the Lakewood job market so poor for men when it’s insanely good for women? I dont live in Lakewood, have a degree and work a really really hard job. I hear of ppl I know working in Lakewood for Jewish companies making close to what I make for way less hours doing unskilled work. Why the discrepancy?

Maybe because the men are meant to be in kollel or in klei kodesh in the Lakewood system. I’m not sure, I moved here a few years ago and still getting the lay of the land but my husband has really struggled to find a job and when he goes to minyan late, hes always meeting other unemployed men who talk about how impossible it is to find a job.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:35 am
amother Grape wrote:
Maybe because the men are meant to be in kollel or in klei kodesh in the Lakewood system. I’m not sure, I moved here a few years ago and still getting the lay of the land but my husband has really struggled to find a job and when he goes to minyan late, hes always meeting other unemployed men who talk about how impossible it is to find a job.

I think some of it is also that the men are somewhat older when they are seeking their first job. It's normal to start at an entry level salary, but the difference is that at 22 or 23, it's acceptable whereas 7 or 8 years down the line most men need to start off with more (which isn't so realistic).

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:42 am
amother cornflower wrote:
I think some of it is also that the men are somewhat older when they are seeking their first job. It's normal to start at an entry level salary, but the difference is that at 22 or 23, it's acceptable whereas 7 or 8 years down the line most men need to start off with more (which isn't so realistic).

I know people say this.
But the flip side is that men expect to work 9-5/6. They expect to work until 2 on Friday, even 3 or 4 in the summer.

I don't understand why it's not more worthwhile for companies to invest in men who won't be cutting their hours in 3 years and taking numerous maternity leaves. (Legality, and sexism aside.)

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:47 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I know people say this.
But the flip side is that men expect to work 9-5/6. They expect to work until 2 on Friday, even 3 or 4 in the summer.

I don't understand why it's not more worthwhile for companies to invest in men who won't be cutting their hours in 3 years and taking numerous maternity leaves. (Legality, and sexism aside.)

Entry level salary is completely normal for a first job. And full time is standard, as well. BTW, working till 2 on Friday winters or 4 in the summer is not full time technically, it's only done in frum businesses, otherwise you make up your time/use your vacation hours to leave early.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:51 am
Entry level salary is completely normal for a first job. And full time is standard, as well. BTW, working till 2 on Friday winters or 4 in the summer is not full time technically, it's only done in frum businesses, otherwise you make up your time/use your vacation hours to leave early.

Many companies (like my husband's) have hours
8:30-5:30 M-Th
8:30-1:00 F
Its full time.

His old job was 9-5:30 M-Th.
8:30-1:30 f winter, 9-3 summer.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:54 am

A lot of places let you put in extra hours to be able to leave early on Friday. I work until 2 or 3 on Fridays but I always work 40 hours per week.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 10:57 am
Male English teachers in Lakewood can make decent money- as much as $35,000 for teaching two periods. English teachers and bus drivers are in very high demand.

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:00 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Blue collar jobs tend to be strenuous. They typically don't pay wellnor have good benefits. But those are only a portion of jobs on a market.
I’m not sure what you mean by blue color but plenty of guys take a job for a year or two supervising construction jobs and then go into business on their own and rake it in. The trades pay great in Lakewood. There are no women doing these jobs.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:02 am
email Info@careerlyny.com

They can help him find a job and figure out how to present himself in a way to get the salary he deserves.

amother
Crystal

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:03 am
Just sending hugs and agreeing that the dismal job market for men in Lakewood is an issue that has been swept under the rug. While women can work 9-2 and make a decent salary for those hours, there is a severe lack of available job options for men. My husband has been working for 5 years at a job. He started entry level and has worked his way up but is still making less than 50k a year. He recently went back to school for his masters but is still looking for a new job.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:06 am
amother Chestnut wrote:
I’m not sure what you mean by blue color but plenty of guys take a job for a year or two supervising construction jobs and then go into business on their own and rake it in. The trades pay great in Lakewood. There are no women doing these jobs.

Blue collar, not color. It means jobs involving manual labor. Yes, you can do very well on your own, but if you're working that type of job for someone else it can be rough.

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 11:10 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Blue collar, not color. It means jobs involving manual labor. Yes, you can do very well on your own, but if you're working that type of job for someone else it can be rough.
Color was obviously autocorrect. If you want good money in general you need to open your own business anyway. It’s easier to break into the trades than into a lot of other industries. Something like graphic design the men are up against half the women in town.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries