Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do you check receipts after shopping?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you check receipts for mistakes after shopping?
yes  
 61%  [ 75 ]
no  
 38%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 121

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 9:27 am
singleagain wrote:
Throughout this thread I have just been trying to explain how and why mistakes happen. I mean it's not like we have a designated price changing time and they can change it any point and that's just life and I don't consider that a mistake because we do try and get those stickers out as quickly as possible.

Every week I'm getting price increases from even the same companies We all unfortunately life is expensive and we all have to try and keep up to the best of our ability We have to budget for that I think.

I mean like I said we try our best to make sure that these things don't happen but maybe do without them I mean if 20 cents is really going to kill it I don't know we try not to raise our prices that much but I can't help it if we've been charging $5.99 for an item and all the sudden now it's costing us $6.25 to get that item you expect me to sell it to you for less than what I'm paying?

ETA: there are definitely times by the way that I tell them to take something off the shelf because it is not properly priced or to not put it out on the shelf until I properly price it especially when I know the prices are going up and stuff I'm just saying mistakes happen on all times in the customer is not always right

I'm not disagreeing with any of the above, and I usually won't be stopping the cashier for 20 cents either. If I have 2 x a $4.79 item in my cart, and when it's scanned it comes up as $6.25, yeah, I'll stop the cashier. I don't make an issue nor harass the cashier. We work it out as the situation presents itself. If she can arrange for a quick check with another worker, or she can go herself if there isn't a long line behind me, then I ask that of her. If it's during a very hectic time and there are long lines, I'll either decide to go with it or leave it behind.

But again, all that should be my choice.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 11:53 am
So I just had to come back to this thread.

I was in the grocery yesterday making a small order. In middle of ringing me up, I looked at the register screen and see the total is already over $500! I'm like what?! So she looks through the list and realizes that 3 carrots came up as over $400. Dont ask me how, she said something about the scale probably.
Had I not looked, I would have simply lost $400, because I dont pay each time, she automatically puts it on my account.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Nov 05 2021, 11:59 am
I try to watch the screen as items are scanned. I do sometimes catch mistakes or higher prices than I expected for an item (maybe the one I took isnt on sale type). And try to look over the bill before I step away from the bagging area. Doesnt always work if I have tired cranky littles with me but I do catch things sometimes. Just not always worth it to go back for just a little bit. But I have found big things.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics