Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Going babysitting rates for BALTIMORE

Mamish Mama

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:38 am
I am ISO a babysitter for our 18 mo. I was wondering what is the average rate people pay in the Baltimore for one child?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:40 am
Daytime babysitting on a regular basis while you work, or evening babysitting?

If daytime, per hour, or per month? Per hour I think about $5 is average. I don't know monthly.

If nighttime, it depends what age babysitter you have...

Mamish Mama

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:45 am
I should have been more clear, sorry.

I am looking for very part time during the daytime, under 10 hours per week. Hoping for a sem or college girl looking for extra cash.

If you know anyone, let me know Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:46 am
Hmm, where do you live? What hours do you need? I have a sister in Maalot (she dorms) who said her schedule next semester is very light (more afternoons/evenings free) and she's EXCELLENT with children Smile

(My sister in law in my hometown is jealous that she's now in Baltimore with me; she used to mother's helper by her in high school...)

Mamish Mama

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 11:52 am
I am in Baltimore, near Pikesville HS.

Having her own transportation is a must, and I am too far from Maalot for her to walk. I would need her around 1-2 days a week for 2-3 hours each time and an occasional evening. Iam very flexible on which days I would need her.

I would be happy for her to contact me if the above criteria works for her. Just PM me for my phone number if she's interested.

Thanks so much, Shabbat Shalom! Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 12:00 pm
crbak wrote:
I am in Baltimore, near Pikesville HS.

Having her own transportation is a must, and I am too far from Maalot for her to walk. I would need her around 1-2 days a week for 2-3 hours each time and an occasional evening. Iam very flexible on which days I would need her.

I would be happy for her to contact me if the above criteria works for her. Just PM me for my phone number if she's interested.

Thanks so much, Shabbat Shalom! Smile
Yeah, that is far Sad I'll ask her if she knows of anyone who would be available who does have transportation (she doesn't)...Actually, I think I know someone in Pickwick (by Marnat/not Pickwick East) which is more reasonable -- I don't know her schedule. I'll see if I can find out.

As far as going rates, I have no idea on that schedule what is reasonable.

I personally would pay at most $7/hour for that age range (less to HS girl), but I do know of one person who pays $10/hour (but it's only for 2 hours, so she probably is willing to part with $20/week vs someone who has help for more hours a week)...

Mamish Mama

Post Fri, Dec 11 2009, 1:51 pm
Thanks so much for the help. Keep me posted if your sister has a friend w/transportation.

All the best.

Shabbat Shalom

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Dec 12 2009, 8:32 pm
I asked her re: the girl in Pickwick -- doesn't sound like she'll be available.
Bli neder, I'll ask tomorrow if she can think of anyone who would be an option...

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:22 pm
I have a fantastic babysitter in Pickwick East who is a wonderful and caring babysitter. I can give you her # if you are interested.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 11:55 pm
I know my dd gets between $9 -$10, she is in college. My dd in high school gets about $8. When I have a middle school girl I pay $7. But I think the mid-school & HS kids should get the same for watching the same kids, but the moms of midschool girls told me I pay too much so I dropped it to $7. From college girls I expect more. I expect my ds to be clean & fed etc. So I am happy to pay more for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics