Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I have NO will power, please help me out!!!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:19 am
I need real advice and suggestions.

I have absolutely no will power and for some reason I have no desire to fix myself. I do not know why.

I junk out a lot of the day and I dont know how to stop myself. you can say that I should not keep stuff in the house. I dont, but I will sometimes go and buy things or junk out on things that are in the house that may not bee too junky, but too much of it is still not good.

does anyone have any advice or chizuk or anything that you can give to me to help me stop. I really do not know what to do. and I know that I have a lot of weight to loose but somehow that does not make my will power get any better.

fiddle

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:06 am
get surgery

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:11 am
Maybe if you find something working you'll be motivated.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:21 am
It's a level of maturity. Or a wake up call. Do you want to wait until you have a serious health problem before you take care of yourself ?

It's also a mitzvah to take care of yourse.f

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 12:16 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Maybe if you find something working you'll be motivated.
I do not understand what you are saying here (english wise to me it is not making sense). please explain.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 12:30 pm
If I'm on a diet and I don't lose anything, or barely, I'm not motivated enough and I mess up.
If I'm on a diet and losing nicely, it keeps me motivated. VERY motivated.

Sorry for my english, it's my 3rd language.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 1:49 pm
maybe overeaters anon might be something.I went to a meeting once and didnt feel it was for me.I just couldnt' relate.
if u eat and can't stop,and still seek more food,OA might be something.

for myself I started just eating right.if I cheat w/chocolate,then I dont beat myself over the head about it.
try finding recipes,that r delicious,and satisfies the munchies.
example
I use to eat a whole bag of "kitkats"once a week.now I make my own that,don't have loads of sugar or flour
1/2cp of peanut butter(make sure its natural)
1/2 cp of almond butter(but not necessary)
all kind of nuts/peanuts,almonds,walnuts
1/4 cp of date honey
1/2 cp of melted choc chips(carob chips would be ideal except I ate so much once,that I cant stand the smell)
flaxseed(put it in all your baking and sauces!)
drop spoonful on cooking sheet,put in freezer
makes at least 40

think of what u crave the most,then find the substitute.
take it one day at a time.start slow,eliminate one ingredient.like white flour(u can use soy flour,almond meal)white sugar.
weigh yourself once a month on the same day.
another trick weigh yourself before going to the store and eat before going.
if it doesn't stop u completely it will for sure slow u down! LOL

I'm off the wagon this week,but know I will be back on next week.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:11 pm
I would definitely recommend Overeaters Anonymous. Try going to a couple different meetings and see if you feel comfortable with it. You can also try phone meetings which are great. It may take a little bit of time until you get used to it and begin to understand the program, but if you stick with it, it can really help you a lot. Best of luck!!

http://www.oa.org/

amother

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 10:57 pm
omg!! I have the same problem

mammele26

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 11:34 pm
I understand you so well! I was in the same dilema, until one day I realized it's either I do it NOW or I end up a size 18. That's not to say a size 18 is the worst thing, but for a size 6 girl that's already a size 12 inching her way into a 14, it sounded pretty pathetic seeing it happen. Before I actually did something about my weight, I tried to get as disgusted as possible so my determination should last longer. I compared myself to other women who I would like to look like sizewise (I know comparing isn't a good idea, but I had to FEEL that I needed to do this, not just KNOW it.), I thought alot about how my rear end was an embarrassment to me, how I don't even want to buy myself clothes because I couldn't stand seeing it not make me look how I want. (I know we're not doing this for looks alone, but for our health, but I wasn't on the madraiga of going through such emotional pain for a health issue that doesn't yet exist.) After having decided in my heart (not my brain) that anything is better than me (as a woman) feeling so horrible about myself, I did something that I doubt anyone will agree with or even understand. I started eating. But not just eating, eating anything in sight. Buying myself everything. And it was delicious! I was having such a good time! But only for so long. I started getting disgusted. The reason I was eating was because I wanted sipuk. And of course we know how much sipuk food can offer. After a while it was giving me a very empty feeling. I was still enjoying my food, but I started feeling really "disgusted" from it. And the reason it was possible for me to allow myself to realize this, was because at the moment I was still eating (to further disgust myself from it), and so allowing myself to realize this didn't cost me anything (I.e. to pay for my actions- diet). Until I reached the point where I was able to tell myself 'Yes, I can part with all these goodies for a while, because I don't even like it anymore. The only reason why I think I like it is because when I have a little I really enjoy it. So I realized that I don't enjoy to live with it as a food, only as a treat. After stuffing myself for a while, I was REALLY disgusted! From my weight, from my food, from all of it! I got onto the best diet (pm me if you want to know which one and why I chose it), which I carefully selected after shopping around, because I was only going to do this once. And now I am b"H happy and healthy. Every once in a long while, I have to lose about 3 pounds, never more than 5 and it's a mechaya! When my baby was 3 months, I was down to my pre pregnancy weight. PM me if you want more advice (and/or chizuk).

amother

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 4:36 am
what is sipuk?

MimsCH

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 6:36 am
sipuk = satisfaction

amother

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 6:37 am
MimsCH wrote:
sipuk = satisfaction
thank you.

louche

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 9:26 am
The first and best thing you can do is to change the tune you're singing. You have no willpower because you're telling yourself over and over that you have no willpower. You also say you have no real desire to fix yourself. As the joke goes, how many shrinks does it take to change a lightbulb? Just one, but the lightbulb really has to want to change.

You admit you're not really interested in changing, so any advice anyone will give you will be a waste of time unless and until YOU decide you really do want to change.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 1:58 pm
mammele26 wrote:
I understand you so well! I was in the same dilema, until one day I realized it's either I do it NOW or I end up a size 18. That's not to say a size 18 is the worst thing, but for a size 6 girl that's already a size 12 inching her way into a 14, it sounded pretty pathetic seeing it happen. Before I actually did something about my weight, I tried to get as disgusted as possible so my determination should last longer. I compared myself to other women who I would like to look like sizewise (I know comparing isn't a good idea, but I had to FEEL that I needed to do this, not just KNOW it.), I thought alot about how my rear end was an embarrassment to me, how I don't even want to buy myself clothes because I couldn't stand seeing it not make me look how I want. (I know we're not doing this for looks alone, but for our health, but I wasn't on the madraiga of going through such emotional pain for a health issue that doesn't yet exist.) After having decided in my heart (not my brain) that anything is better than me (as a woman) feeling so horrible about myself, I did something that I doubt anyone will agree with or even understand. I started eating. But not just eating, eating anything in sight. Buying myself everything. And it was delicious! I was having such a good time! But only for so long. I started getting disgusted. The reason I was eating was because I wanted sipuk. And of course we know how much sipuk food can offer. After a while it was giving me a very empty feeling. I was still enjoying my food, but I started feeling really "disgusted" from it. And the reason it was possible for me to allow myself to realize this, was because at the moment I was still eating (to further disgust myself from it), and so allowing myself to realize this didn't cost me anything (I.e. to pay for my actions- diet). Until I reached the point where I was able to tell myself 'Yes, I can part with all these goodies for a while, because I don't even like it anymore. The only reason why I think I like it is because when I have a little I really enjoy it. So I realized that I don't enjoy to live with it as a food, only as a treat. After stuffing myself for a while, I was REALLY disgusted! From my weight, from my food, from all of it! I got onto the best diet (pm me if you want to know which one and why I chose it), which I carefully selected after shopping around, because I was only going to do this once. And now I am b"H happy and healthy. Every once in a long while, I have to lose about 3 pounds, never more than 5 and it's a mechaya! When my baby was 3 months, I was down to my pre pregnancy weight. PM me if you want more advice (and/or chizuk).
I PMed you in case you did not see.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 4:39 pm
I too have no willpower. I've been trying for 10 years to lose baby weight, never did, and now after a few babies its a lot of weight.

About 2 months ago I got a personal trainer to come to my house once a week. She weighs me, goes through my diet with me, exercises with me, shows me the right way to exercise on the days she doesn't come. So far I have lost about 7 lbs like this. I am doing the same exercise (exercise bike) that I used to before she came but I am doing it properly. the fact that I know I am going to be wieghed stops me eating too much junk. Also, the fact that I pay her a lot of money to come helps. I think if I eat this chocolate bar I will not lose weight and if I don't lose weight its a waste of money paying the P.T.

(the weeks she has not come I have not lost much or any weight)

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 6:43 pm
fiddle wrote:
get surgery
Surgery isn't the be all and end all. It isn't a magic fix. It takes just as much work and willpower. It's only a tool and if it's not used properly, it isn't going to help long term.

sofaraway

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 2:50 pm
I gained a lot of weighed when I was pregnant. 7 weeks after giving birth, I started a very serious diet, and I lost 50 lbs in 4.5 months. However, I founs that for the past month, I am not loosing much at all. And I still have 25 lbs to lose!
I decided that I need real motivation. I told my dh to buy me a ticket to ny (we're west coast) if I lose them all by rosh chodesh adar. He said yes! So I'm back on!
Ask your husb. to be supportive by buying you a very nice present YOU wanted for a very long time!
Now, that should be a little motivating!
Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 2:58 pm
sofaraway wrote:
I gained a lot of weighed when I was pregnant. 7 weeks after giving birth, I started a very serious diet, and I lost 50 lbs in 4.5 months. However, I founs that for the past month, I am not loosing much at all. And I still have 25 lbs to lose!
I decided that I need real motivation. I told my dh to buy me a ticket to ny (we're west coast) if I lose them all by rosh chodesh adar. He said yes! So I'm back on!
Ask your husb. to be supportive by buying you a very nice present YOU wanted for a very long time!
Now, that should be a little motivating!
Good luck!
thats a good way for you, but that will not motivate me.

I already thought of a motivation. I live in another country from my parents and they might come out in two summers time (I know, thats a long time, but thats time and money) and so I am using that as my motivation that I have at least a year and a bit to loose a whole heck of a lot of weight so that when they see me I will look great Smile

can you tell me the serious diet that you went on after your birth?

pobody's nerfect

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 5:19 pm
what got me motivated was watching The Biggest Loser! You can see this season on Hulu or download old seasons....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise