Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Anyone have a really good HOT PEPPER salsa recipe?

MommyLuv

Post Wed, May 17 2006, 6:14 pm
Ok...my hubby is into this phase right now...super hot peppers!! you name it, he's tried it...habanero, jalapeno, poblano, chile...I want to try to make a yummy salsa..anyone have a good recipe? I tried a combo of tomatoes, hot peppers, cilantro etc but didnt come out too great...any ideas?

cip

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 8:10 pm
turkish salad (fried onions,peppers, tom., tom. paste..) and add lots of Tabasko to it. That makes a spicy salsa.

Amital

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 12:38 am
Have you tried zhug? It's a Sefardi--maybe Yemenite?-- hot sauce. Not for use as a salsa, although my dh dips his bread hi chummus and smears on the shug. It's made with serrano peppers, and very hot. I have a recipe if you want it.

Also, have you tried scotch bonnet peppers? Very hot--and good in jerked recipes.

mamacita

Post Tue, Mar 11 2008, 7:22 am
I made yummy salsa:
tomatoes, hot peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, lemon juice, (you could put bell peppers but I don't like them, ick). You don't need to cook this, but it needs to be used up in about a week in the fridge.

I also take those long hot peppers, (cut open & check for tenants) and slice them. Then I put about 1/2 inch of olive oil in a saucepan, add the peppers, then fry on medium/low until they are mushy. DH uses the peppers and the oil that is left for dipping bread, adding to meat, etc.

We also love schug, I'd love the recipe even though it's easy to buy here. I make schug chicken. I rub the schug into the chicken, especially under the skin and then bake on a bed of veggies. It's actually not so hot, but it's super yummy!

I also have a few mexican casserole recipes if you want, I make it medium hot and then dh adds peppers to his so it's hotter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics