Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Going stir crazy

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:09 pm
I have twins who are about almost a year and half. we have been stuck in do to bad weather and we are all going a little crazy... they nap in the afternoon so I really need ideas what can I do with them all morning, and then again in the late afternoon.. we are all cranky.
thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 8:59 pm
bump. a little desperate here. B"H this should be the worst of my problems but still looking for ideas..

SingALong

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 9:16 pm
are they too young to go outside? I took my toddler out a little hear and there, bundled her up a ton, and stayed by shoveled areas. she eventually jumped into the snow, got soaked/freezing and we went in and got warm.

other stuff

baking shape and bake cookies with sprinkles and chocolate chips
coloring
listening to music tapes
playing toys
playing/fighting with older sis

and finally.... my emergency stach of DVD's for days like this one!!!

can't wait for playgroup to start tomorow

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 9:42 pm
crafts works wonders (stock up on stickers, crayons, washable markers...)
music
legos
blocks
bundle them up and go for a little walk, it's good for a change of scenery

Blue jay

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 9:50 pm
Been there with my twins too

Try play do or make your own with flour salt and water

IT will make there hands goopy but will keep them happily occupied!

Pots and pans, rolling pins canned goods let them improvise!

IF you want them to burn some energy, have them imitatate airplanes and fly around the house.
or better yet make cars out of oversized cardboard boxes that they can wear and drive around the house.

Get down on the floor and pretend your 1 and a half and play "little people" with them or "cars"

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 11:33 am
Bunndle them up and take them outside! Maybe borrow a friend's kids so they have company.

gryp

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:20 pm
My 18 month old just got over his "I can climb anything" year-long stage and settled down to Tinkertoys, Lego, and other easy manipulatives. And even picture books.

Do those interest them?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:11 pm
OP here Thanks for all the advice.

It isn't so easy to take them out, they are just getting the hang of walking B"H and it's is very icy out so I don't think it is so safe, especially being that it's twins so I can't be on top of both of them all the time. When I can take them out on walks again, I will IY"H.

They don't really know how to color yet, but I want to start working on that. I do have a small stash of dvd's but it only ushually works on one of them. Getting on the floor and playing sometimes works for a bit.. they like new activities, but a good one ushuallylasts only about 10 minutes.

any more ideas are only helpful!! thanks!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:42 pm
Dance to children's music

amother

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:46 pm
thats a good idea ra mom, I'll try it after their nap IY"H. maybe I'll get some excersize out of it too!

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 3:06 pm
finger/feet paint, cover the floor with lots of newspaper first and keep a bucket of water and cloths or old towels nearby to dip n dry hands/feet

invite people over

if you have a cafe or something nearby take them out for a little snack and a baby-chino (small cup of foamed milk with a tiny bit of choc powder mixed in). got this idea from a friend.

take them to a soft play center

I do 30-45 min of music with singing and instruments every morning. A great cd is called Music and Movement. Its a Jewish lady and its a great torah, mitzva songs type of cd.

have them 'help' you do laundry

start teaching them how to tidy up after themselves before they go to bed and sing a song while doing it.

we do at least one walk or outing a day to get some sun and fresh air.

I'm in the same situation but DS is 14 months old and well hes just one child not twins but he is climbing the walls too!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics