Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to keep ds's hair out of his face?

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:48 pm
Ds's hair in front reaches down almost to his chin (ironically, his hair at the back of his head is much shorter) and is always getting into his eyes, nose, and mouth. The problem is, his hair is also very very fine and thin and none of the clips I tried, even the very tiniest little ones, will hold in his hair for more than a few minutes...and believe me, I tried loads - 11 different types, to be exact Surprised . And they are a choking hazard besides, even though I watch him very carefully. The elastics bands hurt him and tear his hair out. Any other ideas?

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:57 pm
I've done adorable pig tails, really half pig tails, for my son with very thin hair as well. Ouchless rubber bands should work fine if done properly. And you should only have to do it once a day, in the morning. The trick for me was to just cut them, or tear them in the evening and not pull them out, as that's what hurts the kid.

Alef Bais

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:57 pm
I use the colorful soft pony holders. They don't hurt and stay in place. A pack of about 100 costs 99 cents in Amazing Savings. As for choking, you really have to watch your kid that he doesn't put these things in his mouth.

SingALong

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 5:44 pm
the tiny ouchless ones work great. to take them out, instead of pulling it which hurts, I cut it with a nail scissor. its worth just throwing it out for the pain.

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 11:28 am
I tried the tiny ouchless elastics, I just never thought to cut them off instead of pulling. good idea! they come in packs of 100, so by the time we've disposed of 2 or 3 packs this way, hopefully his hair will be thick enough for clips... Very Happy

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 08 2010, 11:36 am
put a yarmulke on him and pin back the hairs onto the yarmulke ... much more masculine and fixes any problem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics