Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
How do you react when pple comment on # of kids?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:16 pm
Quote:
energy11 wrote:
Here is the twist:

I said "maybe we don't have enough time for each one"

and you think I said:

"we don't have time for them"

twisted as a bagel!

Bagels are twisted??? Last I checked they were round.

Well, when was the last time you checked? LOL

Last edited by GAMZu on Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
A woman with a baker's dozen kids, once went for a PP checkup, and her Dr. was trying to pursuade her to "take a little break". At which point she took out her wallet size album, which showcased ba'chein'te yiddishe kinderlech with their seetesr smiles, showed the pics to the doc, and asked in all sincerity,

"WHICH ONE OF THESE SHOULDN'T I HAVE HAD?"

That's silly. Did he ask her to give one of them up? No.
He told her to take a break. In that light, she should have shown him an album with her future kids' photos and ask him which ones she should skip.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:30 pm
energy11 wrote:

Isn't that forum supposed to be about friendship and support?

and honest discussions, sharing of feelings and debate. Not running together in grassy fields with baskets of rose petals.

Quote:
Above posters, GUESS WHAT?
There is worse than being deprived of your mother's time!
Do you know what it is?
It is having a mother deprived of empathy, tolerance, and love for others.

Actually, from the kid's point of view, it's worse being deprived of a mother's time.
Not like the two descriptions above are mutually exclusive. A child can have an intolerant, apathetic and hateful mother who doesn't have enough time for the kids, as illustrated in the quote below:

Quote:
And while our libedik "wilde chayas" children grow-up to be beautiful people, inside and out, generous givers, filled with admiration for their hard working parents, loving people and loving children,
yours turn-out to be the arrogant and pathetic copycats of yourselves: celf-centered "Mr. and Mrs. Right", knows-it-all, selfish, judgemental, bitter and repulsive.

Last edited by GAMZu on Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

chaylizi

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I just have a dumb question. I keep seeing people writing that some comments they get are about they probably have no TV, no cable in the house...something like that.
I must be very slow or clueless, but can someone please tell me what the connection is with no TV and alot of kids? does it just mean that if they had tv they'd be too busy watching and not have relations?
thanks.

You guessed right.

It's a dumb question when people ask if you have a TV? Not everyone without a TV has a huge family. In any case, there is only a couple day window when conception is possible. So technically I could watch TV every night that it isn't shabbos, and skip maybe 2 days & I could still have conceived that month. Also, does anyone realize how crude & vile it is to ask someone to their face if they have relations often with their spouse because they have nothing better to do. People, you were given a brain! Stop and use it occasionally. Your mouth doesn't need to hemorrhage anything that comes to mind.

I am a little confused. Who are you talking to when you wrote to use thier brain? The posters here? We are not the ones asking the TV question, it is the people on the streets.

I am aware of that. I was making a general statement about people who make that comment. Instead of assuming, why don't you ask? You know what? Please don't. Please don't comment on my comments as amother. I like to know who I'm talking to. Your comment really sounds like you were personally offended by my post. It really wasn't personal.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 1:22 am
chaylizi wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I just have a dumb question. I keep seeing people writing that some comments they get are about they probably have no TV, no cable in the house...something like that.
I must be very slow or clueless, but can someone please tell me what the connection is with no TV and alot of kids? does it just mean that if they had tv they'd be too busy watching and not have relations?
thanks.

You guessed right.

It's a dumb question when people ask if you have a TV? Not everyone without a TV has a huge family. In any case, there is only a couple day window when conception is possible. So technically I could watch TV every night that it isn't shabbos, and skip maybe 2 days & I could still have conceived that month. Also, does anyone realize how crude & vile it is to ask someone to their face if they have relations often with their spouse because they have nothing better to do. People, you were given a brain! Stop and use it occasionally. Your mouth doesn't need to hemorrhage anything that comes to mind.

Not only that, but in today's society, since when does s-x = pregnancy? Birth control anyone? You can spend every night watching TV in bed and still get pregnant, or you can spend every night doing something else and not get pregnant. I know it's a joke (a lame one) and I shouldn't dissect it, but I've always been funcused about that one.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 4:19 pm
The town rav and some guy in the community where I live are chavrusas. They decided that we have too many kids. They got the guy's wife to call another rav in town that my dh learns with. She told our rav that maybe he should ask us if we know about birth control. I can't figure out who is more disgusting in the whole thing.

Hodu Lashem

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 5:44 pm
amother wrote:
The town rav and some guy in the community where I live are chavrusas. They decided that we have too many kids. They got the guy's wife to call another rav in town that my dh learns with. She told our rav that maybe he should ask us if we know about birth control. I can't figure out who is more disgusting in the whole thing.

Definitely time they learn a little acronym: MYOB!

GAMZu wrote:
but I've always been funcused about that one.

Took me a couple of readings, but I finally got it Exclamation

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
shock Puke Nuff said!!

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:

shock

Then again, I do know some rabbis want to make sure that people know that it's a shaila they can ask. They have seen people at the end of their rope who don't ask b/c they assume it is forbidden. But in such a case, I would hope the rav would act on his own accord and speak with the couple and not act like the town yenta.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:

BTW, who told you this? Is there some rechilus creeping about here?
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette