Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
HELP my 2yo driving me insane

amother

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 4:09 pm
my 2yo son just keeps screaming and winging. last week I put it down to him not feeling very well. iv been don lecaf sechus because he might be tired, hungry, needing attention cz abba is holding the baby- anything you like.

but today there was nothing wrong- he just woke so not tired, baby was upstairs so not that, not hungry, not ill, pleanty of toys so not bored he just moans.

today I got sooooooo angry with him that I had to go upstairs to get away from him. he just sat at the bottom of the stairs moaning and screaming up to me

HELP

what is wrong with him and what should I do in these situations when im so angry. what do I do with myself and what do I do with him????

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 4:43 pm
are u sure he is not ill? I would take him to the dr. to find out if there was s/t wrong.

just an example here: my nephew fell off a bed, seemed ok, but screamed occassionally. sis took him to dr. just to check him out-he had a broken femur.

purplesquare

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 5:23 pm
op your post could have been mine I was going to post about that later today my almost 2 year old hasn't stopped crying in two weeks. helppppppp
we took away her paci 2 weeks ago but I can't take it anymore and she was in the hospital two days after we took it away with hsp. don't know what to do with her anymore.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 9:48 pm
I think 2 years old is a tough age. My daughter is 2 & I have my days of feeling really frustrated with her & completely drained from dealing with her many tantrums. Remind yourself that this is a tough age, and it is normal to feel frustrated.

maidel025

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 6:30 pm
I'll have to agree that the age 2-3 years is really tough.

My son is 2.5 and drives me up the wall most of the time. I find the solution is to keep him occupied as much as possible - I always try to be one step ahead, when I see he is getting bored with something I find something else to entertain him. Usually it works

And getting out of the house as much as possible - to parks, etc

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 7:39 pm
B'h
When all else fails and you have tried everything. Put him in his room and put yourself into time out with a cup of coffee. As long as you feel in control of a situation this applys in general too then all is fine but when you feel u r losing it the best is to take a couple of steps back.

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 7:53 pm
1. purplesquare, if it were up to me, your toddler would have her paci back! she was in the hospital, poor child, the paci wouldve helped her cope with her situation!! 2. OP, seeing as a 2 year old is hard to control, its important that you feel in control of other aspects of your life. Put on makeup every day, dress well, make a nice supper, sweep all the floors, etc. Whatever makes you feel in control. Then you will be less vulnerable to your toddler making you feel out of control.

mominlkwd

Post Wed, Feb 10 2010, 7:59 pm
have you tried just sitting with him and reading him a book? I know my 2 year old sometimes gets really really kvetchy, and sometimes he's not jealous or tired or sick. Sometimes he just needs mommy time.
We are so careful to give the older kids mommy time and the baby obviously gets mommy time, sometimes we forget that just because they are with us more doesn't mean it's quality time. Sometimes they just need to be assured that mommy is still there for them even with everything else going on in the house.
I don't mean to preach LOL , just telling you what I sometimes tell myself.

Good Luck, I hope he feels better soon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics