Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
To all the bookkeepers and internal accountants out there

prettyone

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 2:35 pm
what do you do when your boss goes into the system and messes things up due to his ignorance?

For example writing handwritten checks on business checks that dont go through the accounting software so that the bank is lower than the books and forgets to tell you what he did? How can I do accounts payable if I have no idea whats in the bank or on the books?

or writing checks for things and putting them in the wrong account so I cant find them when I need to do year end reports?

or completing contracts without informing me or putting it in the system? How can I invoice customers if I have no idea that we even completed our contract with them because the contract never even went through the system?

or taking on a client without getting their information so I cant track them down when they need to pay?

Things like that... that put your job on hold till you figure out what the issue is.

Technically its his business and he can do what he wants but how does one do their job if they are constantly stopped by obsticals like this? At the end of the day we need to pay bills and we need to invoice customers and we need to get our reports in and I am the one responsible and he will expect me to take care of it. He wont be interested in excuses.

Oh and asking him nicely to not do that does not work at all

prettyone

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 3:13 pm
bump

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 6:20 pm
I can empathize. I had the same situation as you. We also had some cash paying customers and their payments never landed into the system....

I basically just kept reiterating that my job was to work with what I have. if you withhold information from me, I cant be responsible for overdrafts, late payments, angry customers, etc. I wouldnt say that solved the problem, but it did help a bit.

prettyone

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 10:17 am
I guess I take my job too seriously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics