Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken and potatoes (one pan)

rse

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:02 am
I want to make a one dish dinner tonight of chicken and potatoes with a sauce (not spices)
anyone have a good sauce and also temp and time?
tia

heidi

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:04 am
mix duck sauce and honey in a 2:1 ratio. Spray pan with PAM, slice potatoes and put on bottom. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and garlic powder. Chicken pieces on top with garlic powder. Pour mixture of honey and duck sauce on top and bake uncovered at 375 for 1-1/2 hours or till done.
Enjoy

cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:28 am
chop an onion and fry untill golden in a wide shallow pot
cut chicken breast into small squares (its easiest to cut when a little frozen) add to pot sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry on a med heat until brown stirring occasionally. (if you don't have patients/time to wait until it browns you can fry it just till it is white on all sides about 10-15 mins)
add cubed potatoes to the pat and mix. you can also sote the potatoes a little bit like you did the chicken but a lot of times I don't bother.
add water and tomato paste in a ratio of 2:1 plus salt, pepper, paprika and oregano.
bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 30 -45 mins - until the potatoes are soft and a little bit more.
if the sauce is to thin uncover the pot and boil it on high for a little bit.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:28 am
you lost me on the no spices What

cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 1:31 am
greenfire wrote:
you lost me on the no spices What

I think she meant it is supposed to have a sauce of some kind (with spices in the sauce) as opposed to no sauce and just putting spices on the chicken.

rse

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 2:32 am
yeh cinammon thats what I meant!
greenfire I like chicken with spices I just dont think imso good at "spicing things" somehow it seems sauce has more exact measurements! but if u give ma an idea with spices maybe ill try it if im feeling brave and ur very exact!!
btw if I opena jar of duck sauce could I freeze what I dont use? I dont want it to go bad....

drumjj

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 3:38 am
cinamon can I do it with chicken pieces?

cinnamon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 3:46 am
drumjj wrote:
cinamon can I do it with chicken pieces?

I never tried it with chicken pieces but I don't see why not you will just have to cook it longer. when I cook chicken pieces I cook on low for at least two hours.

If you do let me know how it comes out!

drumjj

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 5:07 am
im going to try it for supper tonight bec im looking for something different. also when u say tomato paste do u mean the thick stuff or thinner tomato stuff?

tovarena

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 7:04 am
I make a recipe out of the prevention cookbook that uses a pesto sort of a sauce. I really like it because it's a real meal-in-a-dish. I actually use this recipe a lot when I'm sending dishes out for shiva or baby meals.

I always double the recipe, and don't usually use the olives.

Quote:
Basil Chicken with Potatoes

Potatoes cooked in the same pan with a whole chicken come out crisp, savory--and high in fat, having soaked up the greasy drippings from the meat. But when you're cooking skinless chicken breasts, that's not a problem. Here the chicken, potatoes, and tomatoes are kept moist with a basil-garlic rub that's made with just 2 teaspoons of healthy olive oil. To speed preparation of this meal, the potatoes are parboiled for 5 minutes before they go into the oven.
Ingredients
Serves: Prep: 35min|Cook: 25min |Total: 1hr 0min

* 1 1/2 cups firmly packed basil leaves
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 cloves garlic, peeled
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
* 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into wedges
* 6 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
* 8 green or black olives, pitted and halved

Directions
1. Coat a 13" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, combine the basil, broth, garlic, oil, thyme, pepper, and salt, and process until pureed. Place the chicken in the prepared pan and use 1/4 cup of the basil mixture to rub both sides of each breast. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover the pan and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
5. Arrange the potatoes and tomatoes around the chicken and spoon the remaining basil mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle the olives over the chicken and vegetables.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear and the potatoes are softened.

mom7

Post Wed, Jan 27 2010, 11:23 pm
rse wrote:
I want to make a one dish dinner tonight of chicken and potatoes with a sauce (not spices)
anyone have a good sauce and also temp and time?
tia

prepare chicken and potatoes slice any way you wish, the mix together silwan(date honey) or regular honey - 1/2 cup, soy sauce - 2 tbsp, and garlic . Pour over chicken and potatoes bake at 350 for about an hour /hour and half until nice a crisp. In my house they love it and I love it because it is one pot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey