Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
This is a weird one - getting marks off walls

willow

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:31 am
Very HappyI need to know how to get sneaker marks and dirt off my walls Question I know it sounds weird but I on't want to have to repaint it when we move and there is all these marks.q

downsyndrome

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:34 am
Try Soft Scrub; it's gentle, yet it has a good abrasive. Good luck!

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 11:37 am
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

happymom

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 2:53 pm
it doesnt sound wierd at all! I also clean my walls. I think its a good thing to do if u want your house to look clean!

mimsy7420

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 2:56 pm
Definately. A new coat of paint can do wonders - but since you can't paint every month, the upkeep is just as important.

chen

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 2:57 pm
kneadable art erasers or rubber artgum erasers work. so does a paste of baking soda and water, but the paint must be washable. you don't want to remove the paint with the dirt!

miriam

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 9:31 pm
Meema2Kids wrote:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Works wonders!!!

tzivi

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 1:12 am
I don't know if this product is available overseas, but I use sugar soap - it works amazingly for walls.

shira

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 2:47 am
miriam wrote:
Meema2Kids wrote:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Works wonders!!!

In Israel its called "sfog hakesem" and it really does work amazing on walls!

sarahd

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:51 am
Yup, I vote for Magic Eraser too.

willow

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 5:06 am
Thank you all. I will tell you how it works out. Do you think bleach would work?

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 7:45 am
Quote:
I know it sounds weird but I on't want to have to repaint it when we move and there is all these marks.q
so willow, when you move and have to repaint if the walls are marked: how standard is that?

The reason I'm asking is more than one of our former tenants did a number on the walls. Nobody ever repainted and we had losses from it. I didn't know that you could require a tenant to do that. You seem very considerate and it sounds like people are lucky to have you as their tenant Smile .

shira

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
I know it sounds weird but I on't want to have to repaint it when we move and there is all these marks.q
so willow, when you move and have to repaint if the walls are marked: how standard is that?

The reason I'm asking is more than one of our former tenants did a number on the walls. Nobody ever repainted and we had losses from it. I didn't know that you could require a tenant to do that. You seem very considerate and it sounds like people are lucky to have you as their tenant Smile .

Its only like that in Israel............

happyone

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 1:17 pm
you won't find that in NY!!

shira

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 1:27 pm
In Israel, in most cases, the deal is that if you come into a freshly painted apartment, you have to leave a freshly painted apartment- TO THE EXTENT THAT if you only live in an apt for 2 YEARS, you STILL have to paint EVEN if your kids didn't do a blessed thing to the walls

-a disgrunteled tenant who is now a proud owner of her OWN apartment!

amother

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 3:59 pm
The way they do it in Israel sounds fair to me. The way it is here, we spend 1500 dollars to do a nice paint job, and 3 years later, there are crayons, markers, all over and /or peeled sheetrock, gauges, and holes in the walls....The apartment is generally a mess, the refrigerator and stove are filthy......

When the tenant vacates, eating up their deposit by not paying the last month rent, we still have to paint,repair all the damage, and hire cleaning help and cannot even show the apartment till then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry