Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Getting signed out of imamother

safetynet

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 12:05 pm
any suggestions?

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 12:46 pm
what exactly is the problem?

WriterMom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 1:22 pm
If you're referring to the fact that after a while of inactivity (30 mins?) you're automatically signed out, it's a safety feature. And while it's annoying, I also think it's appropriate - if an imamother walks away still signed in and her kids or hubby sit down at the computer, I'd just as well that couldn't join in!

BigSister

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 1:43 pm
I wish that would happen to other sites, too...!

if you exit the site without logging off, you may still be logged on when you come back to the site.

safetynet

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 1:52 pm
That not the problem.. The problem is that every time I click on a link I get signed out. It's probably my computer.

My computer is pretty new so it could be a security feature is missing or something. If anyone has any suggestions of what it might be it would be appreciated

WriterMom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 2:36 pm
safetynet wrote:
That not the problem.. The problem is that every time I click on a link I get signed out. It's probably my computer.

My computer is pretty new so it could be a security feature is missing or something. If anyone has any suggestions of what it might be it would be appreciated
What browser are you using? If you have access to a different one, can you try that? That's my first line of defence with a website problem. I'm using Chrome, but it's a less common one so some features work better on Netscape or IE.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 8:19 pm
when I was on aol I had the same problem. now on netscape-no problem whatsoever.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 29 2010, 7:46 am
is your dsl set up with a proper interference filter on every telephone, answering machine, modem and fax ... without that the connection can break off constantly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics