Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
A question for gmail users

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 3:48 am
I started an account in gmail. it looked very interseting to use.

I then signed out and now I am not able to sign back in. the password that I am 99% is what I put (maybe I types something else by mistake) is not going through and I have already tried to fill out there form for forgetting my password but they are unable to verify that the account is mine so they can not open it.

is there anything else that I can do? or is this account going to just go away and not be able to be used?

anyone else have any ideas?

or do I just start a new one (I dont really want to)

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 8:20 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I started an account in gmail. it looked very interseting to use.

I then signed out and now I am not able to sign back in. the password that I am 99% is what I put (maybe I types something else by mistake) is not going through and I have already tried to fill out there form for forgetting my password but they are unable to verify that the account is mine so they can not open it.

is there anything else that I can do? or is this account going to just go away and not be able to be used?

anyone else have any ideas?

or do I just start a new one (I dont really want to)

Did you provide Gmail with an alternate e-mail address and/or did you provide security questions? Why can't they verify it? You can also click on 'help' in Gmail and ask them.

nicole81

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 5:35 pm
are you sure you fully completed the registration?

try starting a new account and checking if the name you used initially is still available, indicating a registration error.

chatz

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 6:19 pm
is your capslock button on? or was it on when you typed in the original password?

(just cause that's happened to me embarrassed)

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 4:05 am
nicole81 wrote:
are you sure you fully completed the registration?

try starting a new account and checking if the name you used initially is still available, indicating a registration error.
I am pretty sure that I finished the registration. I was already able to get into gmail (automatically after I finished signing up) and even had started importing all of my info from another email address that was no good anymore.

but starting a new account and seeing if the name is taken is a very good idea. I will try that.

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 5:10 am
Another option:

If you included numbers in your password and tried to type them in - make sure that your Num Lock key is on otherwise you will not be able to type numbers, unless of course you used the ones above.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics