Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What to puit under babies head while sleeping??

hinda

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:41 pm
I have 14 week old twins. They are still in one crib.One is a big spitter-upper.I put a cloth diaper under her when she sleeps.is this safe? She is sleeping on her stomach because of reflux.Please I'm not looking for speeches about her sleeping on her back Wink I am looking for ideas of what safely can be placed in the crib,so Im not changing sheets and disrupting two babies in the middle of the night.Im looking for what would stay in place and not move alittle like a cloth diaper might.
THANKS!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:46 pm
Get something that tucks under the sides well enough and goes down low enough that they don't get their hands caught under and lift it from it's place.

re sleeping on their stomache, make sure you don't have anything close to their heads, no pillows or soft toys, or that thing that quilt like thing that goes around the crib.
make sure they have ample ventilation. I also read somewhere that circulating air is important so if they are in a small room maybe put a fan on low.

A nurse told me you need to look at the bigger picture, it's not just back or stomache it's other things in the environment like I listed above including if their is a smoker in the house etc.
Personaly I was too scared to put mine on stomach at night so I only did it in the day time when I could check on him often

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:48 pm
sorry about the typos and sp mistakes. I'm tired Wink

estibesty

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:56 pm
its not good to nap a baby on his back/stomach if he is used to sleeping the other way you are supposed to be consistent either constantly put on stomach or back its more dangerous to switch around

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 10:58 pm
estibesty wrote:
its not good to nap a baby on his back/stomach if he is used to sleeping the other way you are supposed to be consistent either constantly put on stomach or back its more dangerous to switch around

I've never heard that
What is this based on? where do you get this from and what is the reason?

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:17 pm
My friend has this really cute thingie I don't know what it's called, but it's a soft cotton material that's made specifically to lay on top of the sheet underneath the baby's head and it has ties to keep it tied to the sides of the crib. So there is no fear of the fabric sliding around or bunching up. I can try to find out what it's called.

wanderer

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 11:54 pm
HAPPYMOMMY wrote:
My friend has this really cute thingie I don't know what it's called, but it's a soft cotton material that's made specifically to lay on top of the sheet underneath the baby's head and it has ties to keep it tied to the sides of the crib. So there is no fear of the fabric sliding around or bunching up. I can try to find out what it's called.

Is this what you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Crib-Bib.....ZS8KG

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 12:00 am
colorful! wrote:
HAPPYMOMMY wrote:

Yes, the sheet savers! We love/d those!
We have these, in 2 colors.

Marion

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 1:37 am
I just used flannel receiving blankets...but I put them in on an angle so the corners tucked down the sides of the mattress...didn't budge.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 9:33 am
colorful! wrote:
HAPPYMOMMY wrote:

Yes Thanks! Crib bibs, how did I forget that?

alwaysquestions

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 2:45 pm
you can put something under the mattress..so that goes slightly up.
I.e a folded diaper

busydev

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 2:59 pm
my mother used cloth diapers under all of our heads. thats 8 children and never a problem. some back sleepers, some stomach sleepes. some not big movers, some always moving in sleep. I plan to do the same.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 3:53 pm
what if the clothy thingy bunches up and the baby can't breathe ?

estibesty

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 4:02 pm
amother wrote:
estibesty wrote:

I've never heard that
What is this based on? where do you get this from and what is the reason?

I just read it in the new parents magazine theres a whole article about this type of topic

Isramom8

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 4:17 pm
Nothing, they say nowadays. And I try to keep up (been at this since 1990). But I must say, those Crib Savers look absorbant and safe. Go for it! Enjoy your children.

Just please always tie down the Crib Savers, even if you're exhausted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics